Hi, my name is Loly - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > Hi, I am....
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 10-18-2016, 01:03 PM   #1

Name: Loly
Trailer: Currently researching
Florida
Hi, my name is Loly

I am here to learn, had not heard about these trailers before, but have seen a few small ones running around here in Florida lately so I started researching and came across these fiberglass ones, that are light to pull, and I have fallen in love. We are a couple in our early 60's, early retired, the kids are out of the house, and although we are not major travelers "yet" would love to be and these seem to be perfect for us. Just have to get in here and continue researching to learn more about them, and compare and see which ones are the best etc etc. My husband has a brand new Ford F250 as he also pulls a 20' boat so I think pulling one of these would not be a problem. I am so excited can't wait to own one. Any information you can send my way would be greatly appreciate it.
Loly50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2016, 03:25 PM   #2

Name: Steve
Trailer: Scamp 13
California
Well we hooked another one. Welcome aboard. Once you get these little white eggs in your head you can't get rid of it.
stevebaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2016, 03:49 PM   #3

Florida
yes Steve it seems to be that way. They look so easy to maneuver, so compact and I am sure bring so much pleasure being outthere. True, now I cannot get it out of my head. Maybe one day.
Old 10-18-2016, 04:19 PM   #4

Name: Wayne
Trailer: Casita
Connecticut
Welcome

Hey Loly,
Welcome to the forum. There are other forums dealing with fiberglass trailers or " Eggs " as they're affectionally referred to but Fiberglass RV is the one I follow most. Friendly people and lots of good information. We have a Casita Spirit Deluxe, my wife and I saw our first Casita at North Beach campground in Burlington Vt. The owners were from Maine and we started talking to them and they graciously invited us in to take a look. That was it we were hooked, I went home and started doing research and probably 5 yrs later we bought our Casita. The funny thing was we didn't see another one until we picked ours up in Rice Texas. They are still not real common in New England but we're seeing them more and more. The more my wife and I use our little land yacht the more we appreciate what a great way it is to travel and explore. Good luck with your quest you won't be disappointed. Peace!
wwig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2016, 05:56 PM   #5

Name: bob
Trailer: 1996 Casita 17 Spirit Deluxe; 1946 Modernistic teardrop
New York
Cruise that boat down the waterway from Okeechobee in December or January and stop in to visit us and our Casita 17 SD. That F250 will work great to pull one. W P Franklin COE campground even has boat sites.
mary and bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2016, 05:56 PM   #6

Name: Herman & Ann
Trailer: Casita SD
Pensacola Florida
Welcome Loly If you haven't been to one of our rallies you should try to. Make it to one. At the rally you will meet many friendly owners and be able to see many different brands of eggs. Almost all egg owners can't wait to show off their campers. I don't know where in Florida you live but there is a rally in Sebring Fl in Feb. there is also one in March that is put on by Casita owners called Green eggs and ham. It is held at Gunter Hill COE Campground Montgomery Al
Herman M Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 07:25 AM   #7

Florida
This is one of the reasons I love campgrounds, everyone is so friendly.

Thank you WWIG for your information, yes I have never seen them here in Florida in my travels, but I have started to see the teardrop ones, which are way too tiny for me, but I still would think it would be fun.

Mary and Bob, yes we might just do that, it sounds like a great idea, I will have to tell the husband about it.

Herman I am definitely looking forward to going to the rally in Sebring Fla in February, have to put it in my calendar so I won't forget, but yes I would love to attend to see all the different kinds, it should be fun. Can't wait.

You guys are all so nice and friendly, thanks all for the nice information and invites.
YOU ROCK !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-19-2016, 08:02 AM   #8

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
Hi, Loly!

With an F-250 I think it's safe to say you can tow pretty much any molded fiberglass trailer ever made. The rally should help you narrow things down a bit.

Meantime, follow the classified ads here and at fiberglass-rv-4sale.com. Now is actually a great time to start looking if you're not in a hurry. The market is slower and prices tend to be lower. Any time of year, though, the good ones sell quickly, so don't dawdle if you see something you like. I found mine about this time four years ago, and it was attached to our van headed home less than 24 hours after I first set eyes on it.

Used is not a bad way to start. Many people find their first trailer is not their forever trailer. Given the strong resale value of molded fiberglass, by buying carefully in the fall/winter and reselling (if you ever feel a need to, that is) in the spring/summer, many people break even or even realize a profit, having had the "free" use of a trailer for a few seasons. If you stay within 5-10 years old and do a careful inspection, you should be able to avoid major problems. There will always be little things, of course- tires, batteries, minor repairs- so leave some leeway in your budget.

Who knows- maybe you will show up at the rally pulling your very own egg!

Best wishes!
Jon in AZ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 10:53 AM   #9

Florida
YYYYAAAEEEEE........Jon in AZ wouldn't that be awesome... I definitely would love it. Tks for all the information
Old 10-19-2016, 11:07 AM   #10

Name: Lynn
Trailer: 2019 Escape 21C, NTU April 2022 (was 2013 Casita Spirit Deluxe 17)
Massachusetts
Howdy Loly—

And welcome to the molded fiberglass world! We too were new only a few months ago, but now have a 2013 Casita, and just went to our first egg gathering last month. You might be interested in our history:

https://walkingcreekworld.wordpress....ass-obsession/

/Mr Lynn

"Hillbilly at Harvard"—Honky-tonk Country and Bluegrass
Mr Lynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 02:30 PM   #11

Name: Kathleen (Kai: ai as in wait)
Trailer: Amerigo FG-16 1973 "Peanut"
Greater Seattle Metropolitan Area, Washington
Registry
Welcome, Loly. How do you pronounce "Loly?"

Hope you find "your" egg soon!

BEST
Kai
Old 10-19-2016, 09:08 PM   #12

Name: Peter
Trailer: G30 Elite Class C
British Columbia
Kai, u pronounce it the same way u pronounce Vertigo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kai in Seattle View Post
Welcome, Loly. How do you pronounce "Loly?"

Hope you find "your" egg soon!

BEST
Kai
when your having a bout of Vertigo your mostly Loly!
Stude
stude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2016, 04:40 AM   #13

Name: Donna
Trailer: 2013 Lil Snoozy
Florida
Hi, my name is Loly

Hey Loly! Good morning to you from another Floridian! We're in Orlando...where are you? I know and can feel your excitement at having discovered these lil gems as we were exactly the same way when we discovered the Lil Snoozy! We found a rare twin bed version, which is perfect for us, used in South Fla. as a matter of fact & it's now our own. We're about 17 months (hopefully!) from retirement so we're using that time to take a few small trips, work on a few customization's and enjoy the planning for future times.

There's a rally of the Lil Snoozy in fact in South Carolina in just a couple weeks...if you're interested...i'm sure you'd enjoy it!! Let me know if I can help you with any details!
DonnaMarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2016, 06:40 AM   #14

Name: Mitzi
Trailer: LilSnoozy 12/01/16, Tug 2012 Dodge Citadel
Florida
Hello from Lake Placid Florida! I ordered my lil snoozy and am hoping to pick it up soon! I came from an ultra light canoe camping and backpacking background. Haven't been able to do either for a couple of years due to some chronic pain issues, and it occurred to me that I might be able to get back into the outdoors with a camper. Got scared off traditional campers by you tube videos about how to look for everything that could go wrong, especially the leaks which can quickly destroy your investment. I remembered seeing some ads for casitas and scamps in some magazines over the years, and rarely seeing one in a campground, so I googled "scamp" and found this site! I toured the Parkliner in N Carolina and the Lil Snoozy factory in S Carolina, tagged onto a visit with my children/grandchildren in North Carolina, and decided Snoozy was for me. BUT I think attending a rally is a good idea to see the wide variety of molded fiberglass trailers available. Also you can contact the factories, and they can give you names of nearby owners who are agreeable to letting people look at their campers. Real life is often different from what we think we want based on pix and specs.. I had thought that the RPod was the answer to my prayers, but seeing the inside of the first RPod we got to look at at an RV dealership broke THAT magic spell. It actively repulsed me.(maybe disappointed after being so enthusiastic) If you check on the web site of the LilSnoozy club, www.lilsnoozyowners.com you can look up Vince and Angie, who are very enthusiastic owners and don't mind showing off their 2014 model at all!
You need to discuss with your travel partner what are the specs you are actively searching for- ours started out with a dedicated bed, lightweight, easy to pull, air conditioning, and space enough for cats. Are you "handy" people, who might enjoy a "fixer-upper", or not (Me and dh are not, so buying used was not an option)And as I said, there is a wide variety - click on the "manufacturers" tab above and prepare to be amazed!
Above all, the folks here at the Fiberglass RV site forums are very good people and either capable of answering many questions or able to point you in the right direction to get answers. Welcome aboard!
Old 10-20-2016, 06:54 AM   #15

Trailer: Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel
Loly
There is a 2015 Casita Liberty listed on CL a couple of days ago in Lake Placid Fl. Looks like a nice almost new trailer. The Liberty is a very versatile floor plan. Not connected to trailer or seller.
Eddie
Casita Travel Trailer
Eddie Longest is offline   Reply With Quote