Hi, Steve from TN - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > Hi, I am....
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 02-18-2019, 05:51 PM   #1

Name: Steven
Trailer: Currently Shopping
Tennessee
Question Hi, Steve from TN

Hi folks!
I am altogether new to RVs but looking at a used Bigfoot 21RB for FTRVL. My budget is modest and am eyeing a 97 Bigfoot 21RB in the mid-teens. It's several states away but described as being in good shape with everything working. I am likely to make mods after purchase, including solar and appliance upgrades, etc. Any ideas on Bigfoots of this vintage and if this be a bit too old and present problems (other than the usual) down the road (wow, that sounded like a pun ... not intended )?

Thanks!
Steve
StevenB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2019, 07:58 PM   #2
JBB

Name: Jan
Trailer: 2017 Lil Snoozy
South Carolina
Welcome Steven! Be sure to post pictures!
JBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2019, 08:57 PM   #3

Name: bill
Trailer: 2013 Escape 19
The Mountains of North Carolina
Registry
At the 22 year old point, it’s all about how it has been maintained and stored. While the fiberglass bodies of these trailers last a long, long time, most of the rest is standard RV “quality “. Your ability to
inspect thoroughly is key.

Click on the manufacturers tab near the top right of the home page and read everything you can about Bigfoot trailers. When it’s was seeking a much older Trillium, I sent out a few PMs and immersed myself into Trillium knowledge provided by others.

Given that size and price range, choices are very limited. Bigfoot is a fine choice.
thrifty bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2019, 05:29 AM   #4

Trailer: Boler 13 ft
Welcome StevenB… as said it is all on how PO or POs took care of the trailer and how it was stored.
When we got our 79 Boler many years ago, we knew found out previous owners were from FL and thusly knew the trailer didn't have the problems a New England trailer may have.
Also as suggested do some research and find out the weak points that that model may have.
On the Boler it is always a point to consider the Frame at the front transition point
Good luck!
And if you get one and are able Check out my Rally, Spring Fling in New England coming up in May 16-19 in NH

Check it out in the Rally's and Meets Forums.
Gerry is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bigfoot