Hi, we are Bernie & Carla... - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > Hi, I am....
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 07-30-2018, 08:53 PM   #1

Name: Carla
Trailer: 13’ Boler
California
Hi, we are Bernie & Carla...

Hello, everyone! We have been silent members just reading and learning about Boler renos for approximately a year. We have a 1974 13’ Boler. We bought her new in 1974. She has served us well but needs some refreshing on the outside. In 2009 our daughter helped us to reupholster the cushions, make new curtains, paint the cupboards and reseal most of the windows...so the inside is updated except for putting the tape on the seams. The only thing I really want to change inside now is to have the furnace removed and the propane line to the furnace removed. We would like to keep the propane stove. Haven’t figured out how to do that yet. We have just returned to using our Boler again since our children grew up. It’s fun to get back to our camping roots![emoji4]
We want to say thank you to all of the contributors on this site. We have enjoyed researching Boler renos and we hope to see some of you at a Boler get-together some day.
CarlieJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2018, 09:44 AM   #2

Name: Walter
Trailer: 2017 Escape 17B
SW Virginia
Wow, original owners of a '74. That's gotta be rare indeed. Glad to see you still at it and hope to see some pics of your Boler.

Walt
Old 07-31-2018, 02:00 PM   #3

Name: Kathleen (Kai: ai as in wait)
Trailer: Amerigo FG-16 1973 "Peanut"
Greater Seattle Metropolitan Area, Washington
Registry
CarlieJo: I was thinking the same thing as WaltP. WOW!
Old 07-31-2018, 03:26 PM   #4

Name: Ronald
Trailer: Trillium 1979 13ft.
Ontario
Registry
1974 Boler

We have the same year but are the 3rd owners. How much were these new? Ours has outside hatch, heater, three way fridge and front and rear upper storage units!
Butsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2018, 01:21 PM   #5

California
Hello WaltP, Kai in Seattle & Butsky!
We enjoyed reading your comments. Thank you! [emoji4] We will be interested to see if there are any others that are original owners of Bolers on here.
I don’t know the retail price from 1974 but we are pretty sure we paid $1,800 cost price. My uncle was a dealer in ‘74 and was generous and let us buy it for cost.
‘Eggberta’ is a basic Boler with just an icebox...no extras like a fridge, outside hatch or front & rear storage. I’d love to see the storage shelves. It’s something we would love to add someday!
We haven’t untarped her yet this year so I only have 1 picture to share as that is all I have on my phone until we bring her out to pack up for our next camping trip. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3339.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	286.3 KB
ID:	122828
Old 08-02-2018, 02:13 PM   #6

Name: bob
Trailer: 1996 Casita 17 Spirit Deluxe; 1946 Modernistic teardrop
New York
Removing the furnace line: if you have copper propane lines there is probably a "T" fitting under the trailer with flare fittings. One side of the T is from the regulator, one side to the stove, other side to the furnace. Remove that T and replace with a straight or angle flare connector, eliminating the furnace line. Check for leaks with soapy water on the fittings.
mary and bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2018, 06:12 PM   #7

Ontario
Registry
1974 interior reno pics, with upper end storage cabinets!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlieJo View Post
Hello WaltP, Kai in Seattle & Butsky!
We enjoyed reading your comments. Thank you! [emoji4] We will be interested to see if there are any others that are original owners of Bolers on here.
I don’t know the retail price from 1974 but we are pretty sure we paid $1,800 cost price. My uncle was a dealer in ‘74 and was generous and let us buy it for cost.
‘Eggberta’ is a basic Boler with just an icebox...no extras like a fridge, outside hatch or front & rear storage. I’d love to see the storage shelves. It’s something we would love to add someday!
We haven’t untarped her yet this year so I only have 1 picture to share as that is all I have on my phone until we bring her out to pack up for our next camping trip. Attachment 122828
We got rid of the dark wood and orange tweed upholstery! Bigger and brighter looking now!!
Attached Thumbnails
image.jpg  
Old 08-02-2018, 06:18 PM   #8

Ontario
Registry
Interior 1974

Rear of Boler
Attached Thumbnails
image.jpg  
Old 08-02-2018, 06:22 PM   #9

Ontario
Registry
Entrance View

The bright look! On a tilt, sorry...
Attached Thumbnails
image.jpg  
Old 08-02-2018, 10:10 PM   #10

California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Butsky View Post
The bright look! On a tilt, sorry...

Butsky:
Thank you for sharing pictures of your Boler. It is indeed bright and cheery! Very nice! We love the storage over the end window! Is it a prefab or did someone make it to fit? I wonder if they are sold somewhere.
As soon as I get more pictures of the inside of ‘Eggberta’ I will add them. [emoji4]
Old 08-02-2018, 11:38 PM   #11

Trailer: No Trailer Yet (want 13 ft fiber glass
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by mary and bob View Post
Removing the furnace line: if you have copper propane lines there is probably a "T" fitting under the trailer with flare fittings. One side of the T is from the regulator, one side to the stove, other side to the furnace. Remove that T and replace with a straight or angle flare connector, eliminating the furnace line. Check for leaks with soapy water on the fittings.
Welcome to the forum. I agree with Bob, but you could just disconnect the line as described above, but simply screw a cap on the end of the “T” you just removed.
Dave & Paula
David B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2018, 09:56 AM   #12

California
David B. & Bob:
Thank you for the directions for removing the propane lines. We appreciate your prompt assistance.[emoji4]
Hope you all have a great camping year!
Old 08-06-2018, 03:15 PM   #13

Ontario
Registry
Overhead storage bunks

To my knowledge, these were an option and are not sold by anyone anymore. Scamp may offer them, being a Boler copy. You may have to just make your own out of thin ply...