Hi! We are proud new owners of a 1975 Trillium - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > Hi, I am....
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 08-11-2013, 09:08 PM   #1

Name: Mar
Trailer: 1975 Trillium
Ontario
Smile Hi! We are proud new owners of a 1975 Trillium

Hi our family just purchased our little Trillium a few days ago. There is floor carpeting on the walls and we need to remove it. The rest of the walls are covered with the original insulation. We are planning to remove all of it and re insulate the walls. Being newbies we need all the help we can get . What is the best material to re insulate it with? Any tips on removal? We really want to do this properly so we do not run into problems later on. We are very excited to start on our adventures and love seeing all the beautiful work that others have done to their trailers. Thank you !!
Marlena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 10:14 PM   #2

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
Give Team Trillium in Calgary a call and they will set you up with the right stuff.
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 10:59 PM   #3

Trailer: 1975 Trillium 13 ft (Fluffer-Nugget)
Registry
Welcome Marlena and family....Great trailer you've got yourself there....I'm not biased or anything! Have fun making the trailer your own and making memories

Cheers!
Emily
Emily R. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 04:37 AM   #4

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Hi Marlena, to FiberglassRV, we're glad you're here

BEFORE you start tearing into anything, especially the wallcovering and insulation be certain to find out what it's going to cost to replace it. THAT alone may stop you in your tracks. Ryan replaced the ensolite in a Trillium Sportsman and it cost him >$1,500 and he did the work himself. There are less expensive solutions AND more expensive solutions, but none are easy to put up.

Remember, it doesn't need to be perfect, just perfect for you!
Donna D. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 02:49 PM   #5

Name: Mar
Trailer: 1975 Trillium
Ontario
Thank you Emily and Donna for the welcome!!! I'm very excited about starting our adventures!

Donna - that is why I'm here I'm not even sure where to start? What is good to cover it with? where can I get it from? I will be doing the work with my hubby - I just want to hear from others who've done it.
Marlena is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
trillium