Hi, we' re new members - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > Hi, I am....
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 07-21-2016, 06:35 PM   #1

Name: Darren
Trailer: Trillium 4500
Ontario
Hi, we' re new members

Hi everyone,

My wife and I just joined this week and have already sought some help with an electrical problem. Glad to report we're back in business and going camping this weekend. Talk about cutting it close. We are proud owners of an 81 Trillium 4500. We searched for a few years and found the perfect trailer for us about four years ago from a town near Stratford. We're from Hamilton Ontario. We love the freedom to go anywhere and have plans to head out East next year. Looking forward to some tips for places to visit from the community. I'm attaching some photos of our trailer. Look forward to reading through all the posts. Cheers, Darren and Nancy. Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByFiberglass RV1469147558.632933.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	34.9 KB
ID:	97649Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByFiberglass RV1469147575.663525.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	38.2 KB
ID:	97650Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByFiberglass RV1469147587.165122.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	34.2 KB
ID:	97651

Sent from my iPad using Fiberglass RV
Darren Hayes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2016, 08:11 PM   #2

Name: Jennifer
Trailer: 1979 Scamp 13'
Colorado
Registry
cute trailer!
Zennifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2016, 10:17 AM   #3

Name: Claire
Trailer: 1978 Trillium 4500
British Columbia
Registry
Thanks for the pictures. Now I know what our trailer used to look like. Previous owners have painted it many colours, but when I removed the door trim I found the original colour and the blue tape stripes.
Old 07-22-2016, 12:26 PM   #4

Name: Dave
Trailer: 13' 1973 Boler - tow/2017 Colorado Crew-Cab
Ontario
Registry
Welcome to the FGRV forum from another Ontarioan (also previously, from east-end Hamilton!) You'll find loads of help here. Enjoy your find.
Old 07-27-2016, 08:47 PM   #5

Name: Rhonda
Trailer: 1976 Boler "Small Scale"
Ontario
Would love to discuss repairs

We are just down the road in London and often come to Hamilton as our youngest daughter is currently at McMaster SOTA. We finally have some time to work on our 1976 Boler that we actually bought in your area a couple of years ago. I am looking for advice on organizing repairs but need to take some pictures to post.

I am sure that you will enjoy pouring over the resources this amazing group has provided just as I have.

Welcome to FGRV
smallscale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 08:50 PM   #6

Ontario
Heading out East?

Just noticed that you plan to head out East - I am from "down home, eh". Please feel free to ask about great things to see and do, etc.
Old 08-13-2016, 08:26 AM   #7

Name: Darren
Trailer: Trillium 4500
Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by smallscale View Post
We are just down the road in London and often come to Hamilton as our youngest daughter is currently at McMaster SOTA. We finally have some time to work on our 1976 Boler that we actually bought in your area a couple of years ago. I am looking for advice on organizing repairs but need to take some pictures to post.

I am sure that you will enjoy pouring over the resources this amazing group has provided just as I have.

Welcome to FGRV

I apologize for the late reply been camping for a few weeks. I also have a Daughter at McMaster taking accounting.

I refinished my interior of the trailer myself using fibreglass bondo and I matched the original colour using;

Perfect match from Canadian Tire CBGM0545 Santa Fe Tan.

The colour match was perfect for the 81 Trillium....could be the same for a Boler. My wife made her own curtains from material found at Fabric Land on Upper James. She even got the curtain hooks there. I have used Sicards for mechanical issues. They are located at 7526 Regional Road 20. 1800-688-2210. Bit of a waiting list to get in though they are booking for the end of August presently. There is also Outdoor Travel located at 110 Eastport BLVD, Hamilton.

I will definitely check back for some advice when travelling out East. Thanks and good luck with the repairs.
Darren

Sent from my iPad using Fiberglass RV
Darren Hayes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2016, 10:16 AM   #8

Ontario
Trailers, travel, life...

We have been going back and forth between London and the East Coast for over 30 years - lots of tips for route, etc. I also got some terrific fabric from Fabric Land to make curtains and recover the bench seat with a beach hut theme.

My husband thinks roughing it is staying in a three-star motel so we're not campers in the true sense. However, my parents have a cottage on the East Coast so the Boler provides us with our own space when we need it. I must admit that it is a bit cramped with the two of us and two dogs.

I'm sure that your daughter must be preparing to return to McMaster. Our girls both followed in their dad's footsteps - one has a degree in Film and Art History while the other is in Honours Studio Art with three semesters left to go. I had originally applied in Accounting but ended up teaching science and biology.

The world can be a funny place...hope your vacation gave you some well deserved rest