Hi we're Chris & Linda - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > Hi, I am....
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 01-20-2023, 10:11 AM   #1

Name: Linda
Trailer: Trillium
BC
Hi we're Chris & Linda

Hello fellow campers. We joined quite some time ago so it's high time we introduce ourselves.

We usually camp 2 weeks out of every year, trying to find the most relaxing and peaceful campgrounds. We hate generators and crowds so we mainly camp off season, usually in September.

We've had our Trillium since 2009 and Chris has done a lot of work to her. Over the years we have towed her over most of the bottom half of BC and Alberta. 2 years ago, the original fridge and furnace both packed it in while on a trip (of course!) so last year another major upgrade: solar system, new fridge and furnace, new suspension and tires.

This year we're hoping to get out more and are planning a trip "down south" this spring. Maybe we'll see some of you!

Thanks for reading,
Linda.
Linda Dumont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2023, 11:53 AM   #2

Name: Dave W
Trailer: Trillium 4500 - 1976, 1978, 1979, 1300 - 1977, and a 1973
Alberta
Registry
Linda, Welcome! What year is your Trillium? Do you still have the furnace? What went wrong with it? Have you had a look at the Serial Number List?:
https://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/...tml#post680419

So many questions. BTW we love pictures.
David Tilston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2023, 12:18 PM   #3

Name: Jerrybob
Trailer: casita
Washington
Welcome.....hope you get some great camping in this year.....safe travels.
jerrybob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2023, 12:37 PM   #4

BC
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Tilston View Post
Linda, Welcome! What year is your Trillium? Do you still have the furnace? What went wrong with it? Have you had a look at the Serial Number List?:
https://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/...tml#post680419

So many questions. BTW we love pictures.
Lol! I will try and answer. The trillium is a 1977 4500. The furnace gas valve failed and when Chris pulled it out to see what was wrong, he discovered it had also burned through. So new furnace in order.

I'll try and post more pictures as I find them.
Attached Thumbnails
DSC01870-Edit_1600x1600.jpg   DSC01878-Edit_1600.jpg  

DSC01897-Edit_1600.jpg  
Old 01-20-2023, 01:24 PM   #5

Name: Dave W
Trailer: Trillium 4500 - 1976, 1978, 1979, 1300 - 1977, and a 1973
Alberta
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda Dumont View Post
Lol! I will try and answer. The trillium is a 1977 4500. The furnace gas valve failed and when Chris pulled it out to see what was wrong, he discovered it had also burned through. So new furnace in order.

I'll try and post more pictures as I find them.
Linda, I suspect that your Trillium is in fact a 1978. The window in the door is the hint. Only in 1978 did the window open. Another indication would be the shape of your kitchen.

There are three variations of a 4500 kitchen. In the 1977 and earlier 4500s the kitchen was flat across the face. These used an RM211 fridge, like the 1300s.

In 1978 Trilliums the fridge jutted out. This allowed for a larger RM36 fridge, though the RM211 was still available. The two drawers on the left side of the kitchen lined up vertically.

In 1979 the converter, (120VAC to 12VDC) moved to the side of the kitchen. This required the drawers to be offset to make room for the converter. Also, the fridge changed to an RM360.

You can find pictures of these variations here:
https://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/...ons-53368.html

Check your serial number against the list to confirm the year of your trailer. I started that list because I bought a Trillium that I knew was not the year that it was registered as.

BTW, Nice paint job!

OK, now I see your additional pictures. You also have a 1978 style kitchen, with an RM36 fridge. The wall on the right-hand side of your kitchen implies that your Trillium is a front bathroom model.

I have a Couple of RM36 fridges, if you want to replace yours with the same model. My company allows me to ship from Calgary to various BC locations for free.
David Tilston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2023, 09:22 AM   #6

BC
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerrybob View Post
Welcome.....hope you get some great camping in this year.....safe travels.
Thank you!
Old 01-21-2023, 09:45 AM   #7

BC
Hi David. I suspect you are right on the year. We've always guessed it was either 1977 or 78. We've also met other Trillium owners that tell us it shouldn't even have a window in the door at all.

It is in fact a front bathroom model, but the bathroom was taken out many years before we ever took possession of her, and was replaced with a gawd awful MDF cabinet bolted through the fibreglass. There was also a gaucho that we never used. We do love having the vanity sink though. One of us can be making coffee while the other one is brushing their teeth. Sheer luxury!

We don't have a serial number for the trailer. Nothing found on the body anywhere and it was unregistered when we bought it so no paper trail.

Last year we might have taken you up on your offer of the fridge! Thank you. However we went with a Nova-Kool 12v and have been very happy with it. A lot more room inside than the old Dometic.

I'll have to take some pictures today. I thought I had more of the interior in my files.
Old 01-21-2023, 09:51 AM   #8

BC
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Tilston View Post

BTW, Nice paint job!
Thanks! That's my contribution to the renovations. I pick the colours! Well, and sew the cushions and blinds... but other than that I'm pretty useless.