Hi! We're John and Val from Mississippi - soon to be Casita owners! - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-27-2016, 02:39 PM   #1

Name: Valerie
Trailer: 2020 Escape 19
Mississippi
Hi! We're John and Val from Mississippi - soon to be Casita owners!

We're planning on ordering a Casita 17 ft Spirit in the next few weeks -- we'll have to wait until October to get it I believe, and then the fun will begin. We're both retired from the University of Southern Mississippi and have pretty much zero RV experience. SO, while we're a little intimidated by the idea of towing something (Nissan Xterra), not frying the hot water heater, dumping the waste, etc -- we're saying game on! I'm sure we'll have a million questions and I really appreciate the helpful folks on the forum who may save our necks with good suggestions.
Valerie Rachal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2016, 03:39 PM   #2

Name: Donna
Trailer: 2013 Lil Snoozy
Florida
Smile Welcome John and Val!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valerie Rachal View Post
We're planning on ordering a Casita 17 ft Spirit in the next few weeks -- we'll have to wait until October to get it I believe, and then the fun will begin. We're both retired from the University of Southern Mississippi and have pretty much zero RV experience. SO, while we're a little intimidated by the idea of towing something (Nissan Xterra), not frying the hot water heater, dumping the waste, etc -- we're saying game on! I'm sure we'll have a million questions and I really appreciate the helpful folks on the forum who may save our necks with good suggestions.
Hurray! Let the fun begin! You're like many of us here who're complete NEWBIES at this! I was so excited to find this wonderful forum!! The folks here are GREAT, full of fantastic information and so very helpful!! Perhaps we'll run into you somewhere along the trail one day!!
DonnaMarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2016, 05:27 PM   #3

Mississippi
My plan is to learn all that I can between now and October so we're competent travelers! I'll be happy when we've mastered the towing and trailer hitch -- that part is pretty scary but I figure if everyone else can do it, we can too! I'm originally from Sarasota, Florida so I hope we'll head down there to camp sometime, perhaps this winter (unless you need reservations a year in advance for such a populated and popular winter place).
Old 05-28-2016, 05:57 AM   #4

Name: Wayne
Trailer: Casita
Connecticut
Welcome!

Hey John and Val,
Welcome, you are going to love your Casita and the world of opportunities it opens to you. There are a couple of other forums which are also valuable resources. I would also recommend purchasing Eileen's Casita A-Z Compact Disc. I purchased the Disc and studied it prior to picking up our Casita and promptly psyched myself out. Reading about all the systems afforded me a basic understanding, but it wasn't until I started using them that things quickly came together. We all started as "Newbie's" you'll be fine. Let the adventure begin. Peace.
wwig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2016, 06:24 AM   #5

Name: Frank
Trailer: Casita
Pennsylvania
Thumbs up

John, Val....

For a week or two....or for Snowbirding for months, you might want to check out Ja-Mar in Port Richey, FL ....
(www.ja-marrvresorts.com) . Depending on the type of experience you're after, this can be a fine place to stay. Good rates, great owners and maintenance, and good winter activities and features.

You can check them out on www.campgroundreviews.com, which is one of the best (if not THE best) online campground review sites going.

Frank
NASA42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2016, 06:57 AM   #6

Name: Gordon
Trailer: Casita Independence "Callimachusita"
Ocean City, NJ
Hi
Welcome to the egg world. I'll second getting the A-Z Casita Guide. Besides this board there is Casita club , Casita form and the Casita owners group on Facebook. It's fun to look at all four each day. I was nervous about my first order of the two but if you take it slow and read up on it , it goes very easy.
Pod Puppies: Josie and Frankie, Casita Kittens: Madison & Razzel & Mrs. Chow
librarianocnj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2016, 07:39 AM   #7

Mississippi
Thanks so much for that site to check out parks! Do you know, even though i'm from FL I don't know where Port Richie is -- I'll have to google map it! I've heard that there's a great park on Turtle Beach in Sarasota but I have a feeling you have to reserve over a year ahead. I wouldn't be surprised if it was super pricey too -- given the area. It would be great though to go to Sarasota and visit family there and have OUR OWN PLACE! I always feel like we're imposing a bit on the sister-in-law I can't wait to start plotting out our travels (I'm the planner/organizer in the couple)
Old 05-28-2016, 07:44 AM   #8

Mississippi
OK, another step taken. I ordered the A-Z guide you recommended last night and I figure I'll study it before we go visit Casita in two weeks. We made reservations to fly out to TX from MS to see all of the models just to be 100% sure on my choice of the 17' Spirit Deluxe before we order. Have I mentioned that I'm having the BEST time and am as excited as a kid on Christmas Eve? (but I've got months to wait for the Casita to be ready so I'd better calm down soon or I'm going to wear myself out!) Oh and thanks for the Facebook page suggestion -- I'll check that out next!

Valerie

Tags
casita