Hi! We're Trent and Debbie from Calgary, AB, CAN - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > Hi, I am....
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 05-26-2015, 07:54 AM   #21

Trailer: 2009 19 ft Escape / 2009 Honda Pilot
Registry
From another Calgarian, welcome aboard.

That is a nice trailer you have. Bigfoots are very well made trailers. I had been looking at them before I bought my Escape 19.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2015, 06:59 PM   #22

Name: Trent
Trailer: Bigfoot
Alberta
Quote:
Originally Posted by summersucks View Post
Beautiful! Can you share what paint you used, primer, how many coats did you use? This is making me want to paint our Boler asap!

Sent from my iPhone using Fiberglass RV
We used Sico GoPrime. It's an all-in-one primer, sealer, undercoater, stain killer that is 100% acrylic latex suitable for interior and exterior. It took one coat to cover everything with a few touchups once things dried. Then we used an exterior paint from Premier that was also acrylic semi-gloss suitable for siding. The exterior paint can stand up to the climate without cracking. Again it only took one coat. One can of each. We also changed the cupboards and drawers hardware. It was a lot of fun! Would definitely recommend it to someone looking for a spruce up!
trademarck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2015, 11:04 PM   #23

Name: Kathy
Trailer: 2017 Escape 19
Washington
Registry
Welcome to the forum, Trent and Deb! I see some differences between your '86 and our '87. First off, your fridge sticks out from the kitchen counter whereas ours doesn't. Because of that you get a little more counter space. You have a three burner stove and ours is a four burner. Finally, it looks like you have no shower and we do. It looks like someone took pretty good care of it and certainly those are new graphics on the outside.

Your paint job on the interior is fabulous. We've been thinking of painting ours, but can't make up our minds about it. Thanks for the info on what kind of paint you used. I really like the tree limb graphics on the walls too. Did you paint those free-hand or are they some kind of decals?
Evergreengirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2015, 10:44 AM   #24

Name: Trent
Trailer: Bigfoot
Alberta
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evergreengirl View Post
Welcome to the forum, Trent and Deb! I see some differences between your '86 and our '87. First off, your fridge sticks out from the kitchen counter whereas ours doesn't. Because of that you get a little more counter space. You have a three burner stove and ours is a four burner. Finally, it looks like you have no shower and we do. It looks like someone took pretty good care of it and certainly those are new graphics on the outside.

Your paint job on the interior is fabulous. We've been thinking of painting ours, but can't make up our minds about it. Thanks for the info on what kind of paint you used. I really like the tree limb graphics on the walls too. Did you paint those free-hand or are they some kind of decals?
Thanks! The previous owners replaced the fridge and made the counter extension. It tightens the space to slide into the table but we don't mind. There is no shower, which would have been nice. They also repainted the exterior and re-did the graphics. Deb bought the tree decals from Wal-Mart and customized it to suit the space. I think she did a great job!

I've attached a pic of the info sheet glued to the back of the wardrobe. Even shows it's 'Birthday' LOL! Its confirmed to be a B17 SP.

Thanks to all!
Attached Thumbnails
20150422_200433.jpg  
trademarck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2015, 10:00 AM   #25

Name: Anna
Trailer: 1978 17' Boler
Alberta
Quote:
Originally Posted by trademarck View Post
We used Sico GoPrime. It's an all-in-one primer, sealer, undercoater, stain killer that is 100% acrylic latex suitable for interior and exterior. It took one coat to cover everything with a few touchups once things dried. Then we used an exterior paint from Premier that was also acrylic semi-gloss suitable for siding. The exterior paint can stand up to the climate without cracking. Again it only took one coat. One can of each. We also changed the cupboards and drawers hardware. It was a lot of fun! Would definitely recommend it to someone looking for a spruce up!
Thanks so much! I'll do just that, sounds like a great way to go.
summersucks is offline   Reply With Quote