Hi Y'all!Just went to the Tampa RV show and Im excited! - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > Hi, I am....
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 01-23-2017, 05:24 AM   #21

Name: Carl
Trailer: 2015 Escape 5.0TA
Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitzi Agnew-Giles View Post
The advantages to me over Parkliner were- all electric- former assistant Scoutmaster BSA here and I have had it with propane, butane, and Coleman fuel mishaps!

Mitzi,
Could you please elaborate. Would be curious to know exactly how many "propane, butane, and Coleman fuel mishaps" you have experienced, the severity of injuries which resulted, and/or the degree of property damage or loss incurred. I am trying to understand how and if the exclusive use of electricity outweighs the advantages that the use of other fuels may provide, or the true danger inherent in the use of those fuels.

Sent from my iPhone using Fiberglass RV
Old 01-26-2017, 04:20 AM   #22

Name: carol
Trailer: Scamp fifthwheel19 ft.
Pennsylvania
Debbie Crystal, got your message sounds good to me don't know f9re sure when I'm going to be starting my journey

Sent from my Xoom using Fiberglass RV mobile app
gypsy elmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2017, 04:52 AM   #23

Trailer: No Trailer Yet (want 13 ft fiber glass
Registry
Colleen, the length of the Lil Snoozy is measured from the tongue to the 1 foot overhanging air conditioner in the rear. Condensation issues can be cured by opening a bedroom window slightly, or by what we and a couple others have done, and that's by using reflectix insulation covered by marine headliner in the bedroom area. If you like making your own floor plan, there is a Lil Hauley (empty shell Lil Snoozy) for sale on this site by Mike Magee.
Dave & Paula
David B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2017, 12:54 PM   #24

Name: Mitzi
Trailer: LilSnoozy 12/01/16, Tug 2012 Dodge Citadel
Florida
CPW your mileage may vary. There are other people's and organizations privacy needs also here. Suffice it to say that what I went thru left me very happy to go all electric, even if I need to run the generator while boondocking.
Old 02-01-2017, 03:37 PM   #25

Name: Carl
Trailer: 2015 Escape 5.0TA
Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitzi Agnew-Giles View Post
CPW your mileage may vary. There are other people's and organizations privacy needs also here. Suffice it to say that what I went thru left me very happy to go all electric, even if I need to run the generator while boondocking.
Mitzi......I'm not asking you to violate anyone's privacy, or for you to provide the who, what, when, where, or why. All I am asking for is a generic description of events that have led you to believe propane is so dangerous, e.g., I saw someone light a propane stove and get badly burned or I saw a camping trailer blown to smithereens due to a propane leak. It has nothing to do with varying mileage. I, too, was involved in scouting for several years and never experienced a single dangerous situation with propane or Coleman fuel. Suffice it to say that I keep asking propane/liquid naysayers for their explanation simply because I want to understand and all I typically get are elusive answers or deflections of my question. I'm beginning to think that someone who refuses to answer a question about their condemnation of propane and/or other non-electric fuels may be making statements without justification. It appears a bit skeptical at the very least, maybe like yelling fire in a crowded theater. I have yet to have someone provide any valid evidence that I should avoid the use of these fuels and go all electric myself.
C&G in FL is offline   Reply With Quote