Hoping to see Bigfoot - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-21-2017, 04:24 PM   #21

Name: juan
Trailer: Bigfoot
Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Byron Kinnaman View Post
I found a picture of him.
Ha!...'her'...no wonder the attraction...
pachewheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2017, 04:39 PM   #22

Texas
Karen, we too have to consider our three dogs. You have 100# lab?! wow. One of the things my wife always asks, as I bring up in conversation potentially new trailers is, 'Is there room for the dog beds on the floor ?". Thanks for sharing the pictures and thoughts of the new craft bin. I had to enlarge the picture with all the colored pens, at first I thought they might have been beads for bead work. Yes, Karen, its all very personal, but as you mention, we can adapt, as you have. Thank you, please keep sharing, if you have other thoughts on your new 'TWO WEEK!' old trailer. Hopefully, I also can say that this next year. By the way Karen, are the seat cushions on a Bigfoot cloth or vinyl? Thanks.
Old 11-22-2017, 12:52 AM   #23

Name: Karen
California
Oh, gosh. I just looked at this thread on my computer instead of the phone app and realized I posted the same thing three times! Sorry about that. This was the first time I had tried to post on these forums and I guess there was a delay in the first two posts showing up.

Anyway, Juan, the new (2018) Bigfoots come with either cloth or vinyl seats. However, we do not have the newer color scheme currently shown on the Bigfoot website in our trailer. Our cabinets are the Java color, which is like a dark cherry finish. And we have cloth seats. Given the option, I'm not sure I would go with the vinyl with dog and cat claws. (We also travel with our cat... litter box goes in the shower when we are not showering, and we have to leave the bathroom door propped open a bit so she can get in.)

Also, regarding space for dogs, I have put a dog cushion under the dinette for my dog to keep him out from underfoot. Unfortunately, he is spoiled and lays on the sofa at home, so he wants to lie on the seat cushions in the trailer. I'm going to have to work on that! There is also plenty of space on the floor for him next to the dinette or back by the bed in front of the closet.

By the way, in our 25RQ, I removed the privacy screen for the bedroom. We will never use it. (I removed the bedroom partition in our motorhome too to save a little weight.) In the trailer, the privacy screen made it more difficult to get around the end of the bed, and also prevented the right-hand closet door from opening all the way. If we had ordered our trailer, I would have left that off the order.

I sure do like that twin bed option on the 25FB. I've seen photos of a 25 with twin beds in the back, but never have seen them in the front.
Attached Thumbnails
Snapseed.JPG  
karencalifornian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2017, 12:53 AM   #24

California
Dan (Wacenturion), that sure was a beautiful 28TE. Interesting that it had different cargo doors from ours. It looks like you didn't have that rubber hinge material. Do you think you have about the same floor space in the 25FB as in the motorhome? My husband and I were trying to compare between our today. Of course, the layout is different. I think I might miss some of the storage areas from the motorhome--especially that garage--but I'll get it all figured out. I know what you mean about learning about carrying capacity with the motorhome. On the 29G, our carrying capacity was 1606 and from that we had to subtract ourselves and our 100 lb dog too! We were sure happy when we realized that the trailer carrying capacity did not need to be reduced by our weight as we will be riding in the truck now. I don't think you're overboard about the weighing at all. It's smart to know the best way to load your trailer. Are you using a tongue scale to monitor your tongue weight?

The photos of your FB look very cozy. It's like a really nice studio apartment.
Old 11-30-2017, 11:56 AM   #25

Texas
Well, first off, I appreciate the info I have received. I really like the idea of twin beds, especially up front Wacenturian, and I don't think one bit, that you go overboard on weighing things. It brought to my attention the need for me to do this more carefully. I called Bigfoot manufacturers and they said yes, they could build one with twins up front, but they have not done one since they came back into business. The fact that Grant mentioned this and also added "time is money", as per the cost of building the twin bed request, made me back track quite a bit. I keep getting 'wake up' calls, so I am grateful for this forum and for those who have responded and helped my decision making. Karencalifornian, you mentioned the CCC of both the 25RQ and the 25FB, and that if very important, also you mentioned the extra room for our dogs. So I have looked very closely at the 25RQ with twins. If I do not get to see a Bigfoot here in Texas by the end of the year, seems a road trip is in order to a Dealership. Is ordering one, sight unseen, a ridiculous thought or do I maybe need a good whack to my thick head?
Old 11-30-2017, 04:08 PM   #26

Name: Dan
Trailer: Bigfoot 30th Anv. 25B25FB
Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by karencalifornian View Post
Dan (Wacenturion), that sure was a beautiful 28TE. Interesting that it had different cargo doors from ours. It looks like you didn't have that rubber hinge material. Do you think you have about the same floor space in the 25FB as in the motorhome? My husband and I were trying to compare between our today. Of course, the layout is different. I think I might miss some of the storage areas from the motorhome--especially that garage--but I'll get it all figured out. I know what you mean about learning about carrying capacity with the motorhome. On the 29G, our carrying capacity was 1606 and from that we had to subtract ourselves and our 100 lb dog too! We were sure happy when we realized that the trailer carrying capacity did not need to be reduced by our weight as we will be riding in the truck now. I don't think you're overboard about the weighing at all. It's smart to know the best way to load your trailer. Are you using a tongue scale to monitor your tongue weight?

The photos of your FB look very cozy. It's like a really nice studio apartment.
Yes, I use a tongue weight as well. As far as similar space, not sure, but 25FB defintely has more inside sitting room. Too bad the front driver's and passengers seats in the motor home don't swivel like a class A. It was an extremely nice motor home with a much higher ceiling in living area than other motor homes with a step up to rear hallway, bath and bedroom. Shower was awesome with skylight.

Again, we just would rather maintain one motor and transmission on a tow rig that two on motor home and tag along.

The front extended storage option made up somewhat for the reduction in storage from the motor home to trailer. We kept all the moose decor bedspread, pillows, and throws that we originally bought for the motor home.
Wacenturion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2017, 11:09 PM   #27

California
Juan, it is a very big purchase. And it sounds like you are fairly new to RVing (not sure if the toy hauler was your first RV?) So you might want to take a look at one before you order one. As much as I love Bigfoot, and as much as I love my Bigfoot trailer, I'm not sure I would have purchased without first looking at one and sitting in it and thinking about space both inside and outside, and thinking about where I would put things, and to imagine how it would be to camp in it. We looked at many different types of RVs for a couple of years before we decided to stick with Bigfoot and purchase our trailer. Then we drove 2300 miles round trip to get the one we wanted. Keep in mind that new RVs depreciate quite a bit as soon as you drive them off the lot, so you will want to make sure that the new RV you purchase is one you can live with for several years at least.

If you could swing a trip to a dealership that has both a 25FB and a 25RQ, that would be ideal. Or perhaps after the holidays someone will have one available to look at a bit closer to you. I believe RV sales start to pick up in January.

Have you found the group Bigfoot Owners Club International? They are at Bigfoot Owners Club International |

They have a forum there, which is part of their "Members Only" section. To become a member normally costs $20/year, but they have a temporary complimentary membership for people thinking of purchasing a Bigfoot. They also have a 3-month complimentary membership for new Bigfoot owners. You can find out information about this under the "Memberships > Complimentary Membership" menu option.

You might want to post a message on the TRAILERS forum and ask if there might be someone with a trailer close to Texas that you could take a look at. Just a thought. A friend of ours recently ordered an Escape fiberglass trailer and he was able to look at another owner's trailer before he placed an order, as I guess Escape does not sell through dealerships.

So there you go... just my 2 cents! I wish you happy holidays and best of luck with your search!

Karen
Old 12-02-2017, 12:29 AM   #28

Name: Dan
Trailer: Bigfoot 30th Anv. 25B25FB
Washington
I seem to recall someone recently. like last spring summer that bought a fairly new 25 RQ in New Mexico and lives in Texas on the Bigfoot ForuLoojk on the Bigfoot Ind. website under dealers and I'm positive there is one in Texas who may have one on the lot.
Wacenturion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2017, 05:05 AM   #29

Trailer: 16 ft U-Haul VT
Registry
We have twin beds in the front of our 30 year old Bigfoot Silver Cloud. We like the design. We also like the fact that it is a separate room. I first looked at the 25' Bigfoot and liked the model, RQ I think, that also gave a separate bedroom, so when I get up earlier, I am not bothering Kevin.

I am not on the right computer to post a picture here, but an image of the twin beds up front in our Silver Cloud is here: http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...tml#post674492

CindyL

Tags
bigfoot