I'm Back - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-23-2012, 08:25 AM   #1

Trailer: Triple E Surfside
I'm Back

Back after long absent. Been busy; traveling in our Surfside, new house and just getting old. Currently have our 1979 Surfside up for sale on Kijiji; lot of interest; no buyer yet. We have an Escape 5.0 being built in Chilliwack British Columbia for delivery in mid September. If the Surfside doesn't sell we will take it out there and Tammy and Reace will sell it for us. it is in great shape considering its age and will easily make the trip, which makes us remain pretty firm on our $4300 asking price.

But I do have a question; a squirrel got inside while we were touring the Ottawa museums and chewed some of the wall covering off around the kitchen cupboard. He didn't get in the cupboard but made a real mess. It is the bubbly, soft to the touch, type. Any tips on how to repair this it is not a large area maybe 6 or 8 inches by 3 right against the left side of the upper cupboard above the sink. I have painted it with thick white paint which conceals the damage somewhat.

This is probably not the right thread for a repair question so tell me were to put the last part of my message.
Thanks
Dick an Ollie
Dick K. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 02:14 PM   #2
Administrator

Trailer: Casita 1999 17 ft Liberty Deluxe
Registry
Hi, Dick. Welcome back, and congrats on the soon to be Escape. Lots of people read the "Hi, I am" forum, of course, and it is fine to post your question here; but you might get more and better answers if you post it in our Problem Solving forum.
Info on Adding Photos to a Post
RV Life Network FAQ
Mary F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 05:06 AM   #3

Trailer: 2007 19 ft Escape 5.0 / 2002 GMC (1973 Boler project)
Registry
Send a message via Yahoo to Alf S.
Hi: Dick K...WELCOME BACK!!!You'll love the Escape 5.0...We do!!!
If you look under the Surfsides dinette seats you might find some excess Ensolite in there. Might just be enough to cut a patch for the wall repair. Some white paintable caulking to cover the seams will help too.
A lot of "Squirrely" things go on in Ottawa... not all in the Museums either.
Alf S. North shore of Lake Erie
Alf S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 06:29 PM   #4

Trailer: Triple E Surfside
Hi Alf; Thanks for the advice. I just got back from the trailer. No loose ensolite under the dinette seats or any where else that I can see. But at least I now know the name of the stuff and I can quit calling it that soft bubbly stuff. The guys in Home Depot must wonder about me at times.
However I'm pleased that it was you that answered my question because I have been following you post for several months now. And must admit I found them to be both informative and amusing.

Also your enthusiasm, along with so many others, for your 5.0's helped convince me to drop any thought of buying a "moby dick". Ollie and I are now eagerly awaiting our trip West, we have son and grandson in Chilliwack, and taking possession of our "Dolphin".

Regards Dick K.
From Bath on the next lake East.
Dick K. is offline   Reply With Quote