I'm back under new identity - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-08-2023, 07:36 AM   #1

Name: D. Jim
Trailer: Scamp
Manitoba
I'm back under new identity

I've been missing from this forum for six months or so. I'm here again under a new identity. I've had to change my email address, and all that goes with that. The last time I posted was after I lost my 2014 Scamp 16 layout 6 in a fire. I since purchased a 2017 Scamp from a couple in Michigan. We had a few short outings at the tail end of our 2022 summer. We are currently building a new house to replace the house we lost in the fire. We have not yet settled with insurance on the loss of our 2014 Scamp. I need to provide them with adequate evidence of a true value of our loss. I don't know how to go about that.
Jim Reimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2023, 08:27 AM   #2

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
Welcome back! Glad to hear you are rebuilding your home and lives.

For comps, your best bet would be the sold archives at www.fiberglass-rv-4sale.com. Prices have fluctuated quite a bit over the last 2-3 years, so you want to go back to listings around the time of your loss.
Jon in AZ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2023, 11:43 AM   #3

Name: Jerrybob
Trailer: casita
Washington
Welcome back......as for value of your Scamp......show the insurance co some classified ads from this site.......these little fiberglass trailers are valuable these days. Good luck.
jerrybob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2023, 11:47 AM   #4

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Reimer View Post
I've been missing from this forum for six months or so. I'm here again under a new identity. I've had to change my email address, and all that goes with that. The last time I posted was after I lost my 2014 Scamp 16 layout 6 in a fire. I since purchased a 2017 Scamp from a couple in Michigan. We had a few short outings at the tail end of our 2022 summer. We are currently building a new house to replace the house we lost in the fire. We have not yet settled with insurance on the loss of our 2014 Scamp. I need to provide them with adequate evidence of a true value of our loss. I don't know how to go about that.
Welcome back and glad you got a new trailer.

IF you remember your old login name, the admins can combine your two profiles. Contact them here and tell them what you want to do: https://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/sendmessage.php

Be sure to click the radio button "I want to merge multiple accounts."

Good luck
Donna D. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2023, 11:05 AM   #5

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Reimer View Post
I lost my 2009 13’ Scamp due to a distracted driver. The insurance company’s appraiser came up with a ridiculously low value. I provided many “comparables”, all which were rejected by the insurer for one reason or another, and after I fought TENACIOUSLY for 8 months, the insurer finally (and reluctantly) agreed to hire someone specializing in RV assessments and specific to my area. She came up with a reasonable “value” based on what it would cost to replace my Scamp. But NOTHING the insurer willingly offered was even close until that. I hope your process is more straightforward than the battle I had with the gecko.
Richard Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2023, 03:00 PM   #6

Trailer: 2008 Taylor Coach 17 ft
Did you mean GEICO insurance?
John McDonald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2023, 03:42 PM   #7

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
Is that your insurer or the at-fault driver's?
Jon in AZ is online now   Reply With Quote