I'm Brian in NE Nevada - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > Hi, I am....
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 02-08-2015, 11:53 PM   #1

Name: Brian
Trailer: In the market for Scamp/Casita
Nevada
I'm Brian in NE Nevada

I'm looking to purchase a fiberglass RV. I'm in the research stage at this time. I'm leaning toward Casita or Scamp at this point, but am willing to pursue other makes, if needed/warranted. I live in Nevada. No, not Reno or Vegas. If you have some advice or suggestions, please shoot! Thanks, guys.

Brian
bboatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 08:28 AM   #2

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
Hi, Brian, and welcome to the forum!

I live in the White Mountains of eastern Arizona… no, not Phoenix or Tucson.

It's kind of hard to give advice without knowing a bit more about what your needs are and how you plan to use the trailer. Molded fiberglass trailers range from about 12' to 25', from around 1000# to over 5000#, and from less that $1000 to upwards of $50,000. Some questions that will help us give useful advice:
  • What do you plan to tow with, and what is its tow rating?
  • How many people will be using the trailer?
  • What equipment do you consider "must have" and "would like to have" (bathroom, AC,…)?
  • Do you plan to buy new or used (condition?) and do you have an approximate budget in mind?
  • How do you plan to camp: short trips or long trips, full hook-ups or boondocking, warm weather or year-round…?
  • Is anyone "size-challenged" (unusually large or tall)? Some models have limited headroom or small beds.

The classified archives here and at fiberglass-rv-4sale.com are good places to do some virtual browsing. The best way to get an actual look at some different makes and models (since most of the FG manufacturers sell direct-from-factory) is to attend a rally, which often have a time set aside for "open-house" tours. This thread has information about 2015 events: http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...aps-67269.html.
Jon in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote