In the market... - Fiberglass RV
RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×

Old 12-12-2020, 03:00 PM   #1

Name: Chris
Trailer: In the market
CO
In the market...

Hello all,

I'm in market for a relatively small, lightweight fiberglass camper for my family of 4 (wife + 2 young boys). I've been perusing this site for a while now and truly appreciate the wealth of knowledge and information provided here. My wife and I really like the vintage Trilliums and we just discovered a company that appears to making new models with updated interiors from the original molds. My main question is: is anybody here familiar with and/or would be willing to provide information about L'air Camper (https://laircamper.com/)? They seem to offer a promising camper but I can't find much info about them. Any info is greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Chris
summitapproach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2020, 07:37 AM   #2

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
We havenít had a single member report buying a Líair trailer. The two models are based on molds that had ceased production (the Hymer GT in 2019 and the Trillium Sidekick sometime before that). The owner of the Trillium molds recently posted in another thread he is planning to restart production in Arizona.

Taking all that together I am going to guess this was a project that didnít get off the ground, perhaps a casualty of bad timing due to the pandemic. While demand for RVs is healthy, supply chain disruptions, government slowdowns (permitting, etc.), the border closing, and other factors may have made it difficult to get a new production facility up and running.

Just guessing.
Jon in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2020, 09:10 AM   #3

CO
Thanks Jon, appreciate the info, even if it's just a guess. I've actually had my eye on their Heritage series, which seem to be based off of the original Trillium molds - https://laircamper.com/models/trillium-heritage-series/.

I've been in contact and even received a quote from one of their representatives but am trying to do my due diligence before moving forward. Given that, does anyone else know anything else about L'air Camper?

Thank you in advance!
Old 12-13-2020, 01:43 PM   #4

Name: Justus
Trailer: Hymer Touring GT
Illinois
This thread from September 2019 was the first time I heard of L'air. They are a very new company and only showed their first pre-production trailer last year at the Elkhart RV show.

The company was discussed a little bit in a Facebook group and the going theory is that they were the original shell suppliers for Hymer NA's short-lived Touring GT. When Hymer NA went under, they could have pulled in some of the former employees to become a full-fledged RV builder.

Their website has the following note: "Due to COVID-19, the Signature Camper Program is on hold until Spring of 2021"

The Signature Camper is their Hymer Touring GT do-over, and was shown on their website well before the Heritage, so I would not be surprised if the Heritage is in the same boat. If there are any models floating around out there, there are very few.

One more thing I noted was that when searching their phone number, it came up as the number for a pool manufacturer at the same address. So they may be prioritizing their core business right now rather than chancing it on a brand new product.
Justus C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2020, 07:01 PM   #5

CO
Thanks for the info Justus!
Old 02-13-2021, 09:09 AM   #6

Name: Tiffany
Canada
Has anyone seen one since this thread's last post? Thanks. We are still looking for a small FG trailer.
greentravels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2021, 11:59 AM   #7

Name: Pascal
Trailer: L'air Camper - Heritage Trillium 1300
QC
They haven't delivered a trailer yet, but they just posted some videos on Youtube to describe some innovations they're adding to the Trillium. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCO8...JIhIB6V_UJXcmA
skarybat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2021, 01:08 PM   #8

Name: John
Trailer: 1978 Trillium 4500, 1979 Boler 1700
Michigan
Registry
Apparently this individual is taking delivery of a L'air in April.