Installing a surge suppressor in a Scamp 13 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-21-2021, 07:16 AM   #1
MJo

Name: Mary Jo
Trailer: 2020 Scamp w/2004 Volvo XC-70
Massachusetts
Smile Installing a surge suppressor in a Scamp 13

I have a 2020 13’ Scamp. Rather than use a portable surge protector, which I read frequently, “walk” away, I have decided to put one inside the Scamp. Has anyone done this, in a Scamp 13?
MJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2021, 09:23 AM   #2

Name: Kenneth
Trailer: Scamp
Wisconsin
Registry
SHould work well

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJo View Post
I have a 2020 13’ Scamp. Rather than use a portable surge protector, which I read frequently, “walk” away, I have decided to put one inside the Scamp. Has anyone done this, in a Scamp 13?
I chain mine to the post when I use it. But my opinion is that there should be plenty of room in the street side storage compartment with or without the optional second freshwater tank. I do like to see the display on mine, although it has NEVER reported anything bad. This would also be a good time to add the FCKIT-30 conversion plug kit to the cord and there would be even more room in there.
AC0GV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2021, 01:38 PM   #3
MJo

Name: Mary Jo
Trailer: 2020 Scamp w/2004 Volvo XC-70
Massachusetts
Install surge protector in Scamp 13

FCK-IT 30, is that a plug to the cable so that you don’t have to stuff it through that hole in the Scamp and let all the mice in? That is a great idea, I’ll see if I can find one. Or ? would you elaborate?
MJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2021, 04:07 PM   #4

Name: Kenneth
Trailer: Scamp
Wisconsin
Registry
]FCK-IT 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJo View Post
FCK-IT 30, is that a plug to the cable so that you don’t have to stuff it through that hole in the Scamp and let all the mice in? That is a great idea, I’ll see if I can find one. Or ? would you elaborate?
Yes, I cut a new hole for the plug and use the old mouse hole for ham radio cables.
Attached Thumbnails
36 power a.jpg  
AC0GV is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
scamp