Intro - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-14-2020, 12:04 PM   #1

Name: Lesley
Trailer: Scamp
New Jersey
Intro

Hi everyone. I just ordered a Scamp 13 today as a Valentines gift from me to me It should be ready in early August and I知 really looking forward to new adventures! I知 in NJ and used to camp a with my family as a kid and have glamped as an adult but this will be my first trailer. I知 very excited!
shrimpscampi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2020, 12:32 PM   #2

Name: Karin & Don
Trailer: 2012 Scamp 13Ft
Maine
Congratulations on your new Scamp. I know your Scamp won't be ready until August, but if you can, you might try to come to the Spring fling in New Hampshire. It runs from the 14th thru the 17th of May. The information is on the side bar. There should be many Scamps, Casitas and many other fiberglass trailers there. There will be an open house and you can see what everyone else has done with their trailer. We try to get there every year and have a great time. Don
Kardon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2020, 01:10 PM   #3

New Jersey
Thanks for the great idea!! I made a reservation for one of the cabins at the campground �� I’m looking forward to it!
Old 02-14-2020, 02:52 PM   #4

Name: Kenneth
Wisconsin
Registry
Testing in the real world

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrimpscampi View Post
Hi everyone. I just ordered a Scamp 13 today as a Valentines gift from me to me It should be ready in early August and I知 really looking forward to new adventures! I知 in NJ and used to camp a with my family as a kid and have glamped as an adult but this will be my first trailer. I知 very excited!

Are you picking it up? Camp in Minnesota a couple of nights to test things out. I stayed at Itasca state park (start if the Mississippi river) the first night and dispersed camping at Six-mile lake the second to boondock. BRING YOUR MOSQUITO SPRAY!
AC0GV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2020, 02:59 PM   #5

New Jersey
Yes, I do plan to pick it up and stay local for a couple of days so I can test everything out. Thanks for the bug spray tip ����
Old 02-14-2020, 03:03 PM   #6

Name: Kenneth
Wisconsin
Registry
The Mississippi

Quote:
Yes, I do plan to pick it up and stay local for a couple of days so I can test everything out. Thanks for the bug spray tip ����
The head waters. and (Six mile lake was free disperssed camping)
Attached Thumbnails
5may.jpg  
AC0GV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2020, 05:37 PM   #7
Commercial Member

Name: Charlie Y
Trailer: Escape 21 - Felicity
Oregon
Minnesota - land of 10,000 lakes on the license plate.

They left off the part about the 10 MILLION mosquitoes....

Don't drill holes, try custom storage you design: https://RVWidgetWorks.com
tractors1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2020, 06:17 PM   #8

Trailer: Boler 13 ft
Quote:
Thanks for the great idea!! I made a reservation for one of the cabins at the campground �� I’m looking forward to it!
Hey Lesley, So glad your going to be joining us for the Spring Fling in New England Rally, It's going to be a great time and for sure you be able to tour a lot of the models from Boler to Olivers. Events will be going on for the 4 day rally and I'll be getting to the campground 2 days early just to get things all set up and running.

Gonna be a great time in 2020 for sure.
Gerry
Host on site 49
Gerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2020, 08:32 AM   #9

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
Intro

Congratulations, Lesley!

The Scamp options list can be daunting for a first-time buyer, and there are off-menu options as well. You would do well to talk to some Scamp owners and sort out what you want. You can change your selections right up to your build date (usually about a month before delivery), so lots of time to refine your choices.

For example, if you have a bath model or the gray tank option, I壇 consider deleting the ugly tube they mount on the front of the shell. Appearance aside, most people end up getting a longer, sturdier dump hose later, and it won稚 fit. A square vinyl fence post cover mounted under the tongue makes a better storage solution without holes in the shell.

You値l get a lot of other tips by talking to owners at the rally and online.

Best wishes!
Jon in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2020, 09:09 AM   #10

New Jersey
Jon in AZ - I appreciate the input. I am looking forward to NH so I can talk to people and find out what works/doesn’t. That will still give me plenty of time to make any changes to my Scamp. Have a great day!