I've found my Bigfoot! - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-22-2016, 11:48 AM   #1

Name: ChrisAnn
Trailer: 2004 Bigfoot 17CB
Florida
I've found my Bigfoot!

Looks like I'll be the proud owner of this baby very soon! Have a deposit on her just need to get back over in a few days, the seller is going to put water in and we will test to make sure the water systems work and light all the burners on the stove n check the oven...... I will be getting all my ducks in a row re..talking to county tag office in Fl and getting quotes on shipping her home. I am so
FREAKING EXCITED!!!!
My very first RV

She is a 2004 15B17BC in excellent condition....no name yet
Solowalkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2016, 01:04 PM   #2

Trailer: 16 ft U-Haul VT
Registry
Welcome to the Bigfoot family! I know how you feel! We had to wait a long time before we could pick ours up.

CindyL
Old 05-22-2016, 01:28 PM   #3

Name: kootenai girl
Trailer: 1976 Trillium 1300
British Columbia
Good for you. Sounds like a really nice trailer. Will be perfect once you finally get it home and can start camping
kootenaigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2016, 03:15 PM   #4

Name: Francois
Trailer: Bigfoot
British Columbia
Registry

that's like......"almost NEW" for a Bigfoot.... the last of the 1500 series (second generation) ....how far away did you find it???

Sellers come in varying types..... there's ones that say: "Don't know much about RVs but everything seemed to work for me"....definetely a type you want to avoid.....but 2004 is so young that would't stop me but be careful....then there's the ones that don't know/understand how their RV works but have a PILE of receipts from a shop to show you they have kept on top of everything while they owned it.....better.....if you get lucky you'll hit on a seller for whom the RV was his main hobby and he knows it and it's systems inside out...this kind of owner will probably have made well built, thought out modifications......

if you get it for a "good price".....I'd just buy it without looking at much.....if the price seems "dear" to you I'd do a little digging....a common failure is the power center needing to be replaced...and figure on a new battery if that's the case.....ask seller when's the last time the bearings were repacked / brakes looked at.....open all closets, lockers, under kitchen with a flashlight to look for signs of past leaks....same with all interior wall finishes around windows...

you mentioned AC in a previous post....if the trailer is pre-wired for AC (in a 2004 I'd bet on that) you will probably find a 20A RED breaker on the fuse panel (my 97 has that....somebody replaced the AC with a Fantastic Fan before I got it...and where I live I can see why)

you also mentioned axle/tire replacements.....axles can be flipped to get the body (rear bumper) higher off the ground...below is a picture of mine with a flipped axle and new, beefier springs (extra leaf)...same old tires

you don't say what you'll be towing it with....these trailers weigh 3500 lbs fully loaded for travel and have a lot of "windage" (big wide square frontal area).....a vehicle with a tow rating of 4500-5000 lbs will make for relaxed driving and climb any hills comfortably... (FLA is flat but still...)

last thing...these trailers come out of the factory overweight on the left side (big honkin' fridge, bathroom, black tank, water heater all on that side)...when you load it for travel think "light left, heavy right"

Congrats and good luck, F (1997 B17C
Attached Thumbnails
springs7.jpg   renfm.jpg  

muchc.jpg   westb.jpg  

Franswa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2016, 03:24 PM   #5

Name: Hillary
Trailer: 2008 Bigfoot 25B17.5G
Washington
Yay!! Congrats!! You sure you don't want to just buy a TV in PDX and tow it home? Would be a hell of a road trip
Old 05-22-2016, 05:30 PM   #6

Name: Michael
Trailer: Bigfoot 25B25RQ
BC
Congrats solowalkin. Can't wait to see it. What's the old rule....? a big announcement like yours is worthless without pictures!

Franswa, your 17 looks alot like our old '98. Wheels n all.
mike_bc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2016, 07:21 PM   #7

Florida
What size do the files need to be on photos here?
Old 05-22-2016, 07:37 PM   #8

Name: Michael
Trailer: Bigfoot 25B25RQ
BC
640x480 should work!
mike_bc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2016, 07:45 PM   #9

Florida
Ok I'll try some photos. The lady that is selling to me seems very knowledgable, and is quite nice 😉.
Attached Thumbnails
image.jpeg   image.jpg  

Old 05-22-2016, 07:51 PM   #10

Florida
It would only let me put 2 pics...
Attached Thumbnails
image.jpeg  
Old 05-22-2016, 07:52 PM   #11

Florida
Trying again..I don't know why it is only letting me do one or two pics....they are under 400x400
Attached Thumbnails
image.jpeg  
Old 05-22-2016, 08:00 PM   #12

Trailer: 1972 Boler American and 1979 Trillium 4500
Looks nice! Congrats!
Roy in TO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2016, 10:51 PM   #13

Name: Francois
Trailer: Bigfoot
British Columbia
Registry
beauty....

great looking inside and out....pleaded shades, nice flooring....nice new style graphics.....what's not to like...I'd be worried this one getting away from you if anything....it happens you know (don't ask)
Attached Thumbnails
twinlilly.jpg  
Franswa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2016, 04:46 AM   #14

Trailer: 1973 Compact Jr and 1980 Bigfoot 17 ft
Registry
Send a message via AIM to Tom Trostel Send a message via MSN to Tom Trostel
Beautiful!
Old 05-23-2016, 07:10 AM   #15

Name: Mitzi
Trailer: LilSnoozy 12/01/16, Tug 2012 Dodge Citadel
Florida
Franswa, Florida has some BIG rolling hills from Lake Wales to Clermont/Howie in the Hills. East to Cassedega too. ;-)
Old 05-23-2016, 08:50 AM   #16

Trailer: Bigfoot 17 ft
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_bc View Post
Franswa, your 17 looks alot like our old '98. Wheels n all.
Actually, I was thinking Franswa's looked a lot like my '98 (still recognize her mike_bc?)
Attached Thumbnails
image.jpg  
DwayneR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2016, 09:27 AM   #17

Name: Gilles
Trailer: Bigfoot 25B21RB, 2004
Quebec
Registry
Congratulations!
Welcome to the world of Bigfoot.
Gilles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2016, 09:50 AM   #18

Name: Walter
Trailer: 2017 Escape 17B
SW Virginia
A great find. Almost identical to mine except for the nice, pleated shades.
Well done.

Walt
Old 05-23-2016, 11:59 AM   #19

Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by hillary View Post
Yay!! Congrats!! You sure you don't want to just buy a TV in PDX and tow it home? Would be a hell of a road trip
I like to take my time finding exactly what I want, for this it will be a van. Also I don't have the time to find something and learn how to be a confident driver of a towed travel trailer and get back home. To many work commitments between now and the end of the year, and there is no way I am hauling it back to Fl in the winter. If it ends up being to expensive to have shipped back I will leave it here at a friends til the spring.
Old 05-23-2016, 12:02 PM   #20

Name: larry
Trailer: Casita, but in the market for a bigfoot
Colorado
then there is the seller ....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franswa View Post
that's like......"almost NEW" for a Bigfoot.... the last of the 1500 series (second generation) ....how far away did you find it???

Sellers come in varying types..... there's ones that say: "Don't know much about RVs but everything seemed to work for me"....definetely a type you want to avoid.....but 2004 is so young that would't stop me but be careful....then there's the ones that don't know/understand how their RV works but have a PILE of receipts from a shop to show you they have kept on top of everything while they owned it.....better.....if you get lucky you'll hit on a seller for whom the RV was his main hobby and he knows it and it's systems inside out...this kind of owner will probably have made well built, thought out modifications......

if you get it for a "good price".....I'd just buy it without looking at much.....if the price seems "dear" to you I'd do a little digging....a common failure is the power center needing to be replaced...and figure on a new battery if that's the case.....ask seller when's the last time the bearings were repacked / brakes looked at.....open all closets, lockers, under kitchen with a flashlight to look for signs of past leaks....same with all interior wall finishes around windows...

you mentioned AC in a previous post....if the trailer is pre-wired for AC (in a 2004 I'd bet on that) you will probably find a 20A RED breaker on the fuse panel (my 97 has that....somebody replaced the AC with a Fantastic Fan before I got it...and where I live I can see why)

you also mentioned axle/tire replacements.....axles can be flipped to get the body (rear bumper) higher off the ground...below is a picture of mine with a flipped axle and new, beefier springs (extra leaf)...same old tires

you don't say what you'll be towing it with....these trailers weigh 3500 lbs fully loaded for travel and have a lot of "windage" (big wide square frontal area).....a vehicle with a tow rating of 4500-5000 lbs will make for relaxed driving and climb any hills comfortably... (FLA is flat but still...)

last thing...these trailers come out of the factory overweight on the left side (big honkin' fridge, bathroom, black tank, water heater all on that side)...when you load it for travel think "light left, heavy right"

Congrats and good luck, F (1997 B17C
We had a line on a used one. But the seller wouldn't let us get it inspected, wouldn't even take a deposit. I'm glad we didn't get it.
larryc is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bigfoot