Just Dreaming right now...HC-1 perhaps - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-21-2015, 05:59 AM   #1

Name: John
Trailer: in the market
Massachusetts
Just Dreaming right now...HC-1 perhaps

I've gone a little mental looking at campers the last couple of months. It started with wanting to gut an Airstream, than realizing my own limitations I've scaled back some. Still would love an Argosy 6.0 meter minuet! Great layout, good size, and lots of light, just painting the inside lighter colors does wonders for them. My other thought has been the HC-1 by happier camper. I love the amount of light/windows, not so keen on price! There are so many different 13-16 foot campers out there it's mind boggling. Any thoughts as to which have the most window coverage? Bathroom is really a plus, not a must. Like the hunters and trillium but still want something that connects me to the outside, not makes me feel like I'm sitting in a dark 70's wood paneled cabin! Thanks.
Johnny02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2015, 06:23 AM   #2

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Also the base price hauler HC-1 the left and right side panoramic windows are an 800 dollar additional option.
Ken C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2015, 09:22 AM   #3

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Think "outside the box" on this JohnBoy. You dont realize the time that will be spent outside of the camper making the "windows" really a moot point. Most of our "inside" time is at night when I DONT want mega-windows for all the world to see...thus more curtains/shades, etc.

This may not be the case for you. You didnt say whether or not you're a previous "camper". If you have never been camping, you will NOT believe the difference on how you "see" things one you start and experience it for yourself. I'm speaking strictly from experience on this one!

You may also want to consider a "screen room" as a viable option as to what you're seeking. Raise the sides or lower them to keep out insects.

As you will see, there's just MANY MANY ways to camp. Pick the ones you like and ENJOY LIVING my friend. Life is short.....
Darral T. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2015, 10:25 AM   #4

Trailer: 1973 Compact Jr and 1980 Bigfoot 17 ft
Registry
Send a message via AIM to Tom Trostel Send a message via MSN to Tom Trostel
The older (1500 series) 17' Bigfoot models have either 8 windows (no shower) or 7 windows (none in shower). Lets in lots of light and makes it feel bigger.
[url=http://s293.photobucket.com/user/tomNjo/media/1980%20Bigfoot/imagejpg1_zps4f5f6312.jpg.html?sort=3&o=1]Mount Magazine State Park, Arkansas Photo by tomNjo | Photobucket[/url

http://s293.photobucket.com/user/tomNjo/media/1980%20Bigfoot/imagejpg1_zps4f5f6312.jpg.html?sort=3&o=1
Old 07-21-2015, 11:17 AM   #5

Name: Randy
Trailer: Casita Spirit Deluxe
Minnesota
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darral T. View Post
You dont realize the time that will be spent outside of the camper making the "windows" really a moot point.
I agree with this completely.

Although more windows are nice we simply don't spend much time gazing out them. The additional natural light and increased ventilation are probably the greater benefit.
Randy P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2015, 11:27 AM   #6

Name: B. E.
Trailer: still hoping and praying
Texas
I have been dreaming too and have chosen the Lil Snoozy, no fur included. : )
B. E. Neis is offline   Reply With Quote