Just getting started - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > Hi, I am....
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 05-12-2011, 11:48 AM   #1

Name: Greg
Trailer: Boler
Arizona
Registry
Just getting started

Hello All, we just purchased a 1975 13 foot Boler that had been parked for a considerable period of time. It appears that somebody began "restoring" it as many key components (i.e. furnace, fridge, cushions, etc.) are no longer with the trailer. Does anyone know of a good source for replacement items? Thank you.
Greg and Arlene Carpenter
gregorcarp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 11:50 AM   #2

Name: Jesse
Trailer: 1984 Scamp 13'
Maryland
Check with someone else to be sure, but I think the cushions for a Scamp 13 fit the Boler. You can get new ones from Scamp. Most of the appliances are available new, even of they are updated a bit.
Old 05-13-2011, 12:30 PM   #3

Trailer: Boler
Arizona
Registry
Thanks for the Tip

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbrew View Post
Check with someone else to be sure, but I think the cushions for a Scamp 13 fit the Boler. You can get new ones from Scamp. Most of the appliances are available new, even of they are updated a bit.
Thank you for the tip! I wonder if other parts of Scamps can be used on Bolers?
gregorcarp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 12:33 PM   #4

Trailer: 72 Boler American
Indiana
Yes, lots of Scamp parts fit Bolers. I think but don't quote me on this, Scamp started with Boler molds or molds that were very similar.
Greg H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 05:19 AM   #5

Name: Wildwood_Boler
Trailer: 1 small simple relatively stock Boler
Alberta
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg H
Yes, lots of Scamp parts fit Bolers. I think but don't quote me on this, Scamp started with Boler molds or molds that were very similar.
I purchased scamp cushion covers for my 1975 boler. The dinette covers are a pretty good fit (very slightly loose in seat mode), the gaucho back cushion cover fit well, but the gaucho seat is not great. Our gaucho seat is in three cushions and the scamp is in one cushion which is both narrower and shallower than our boler cushion. That being said it was a very quick way to get covers at a reasonable price.

Some other comments with respect to the scamp covers (I did not get their foam as the shipping was too expensive):
- fabric on both sides (boler covers had vinyl on the 'down' side
- zippers are shorter, so the foam is a little tougher to install
- as to the fit, scamp told me that their were at least 3 different boler molds and the cushions fit differently in each (although they dis not tell me this until after I had the covers )

We are looking at ordering some of their same fabric to cover out original three cushions on the gaucho seat.

Scamp was good to deal with, the covers came quick, but there is only 3 fabrics to choose from at this time.
Wildwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 05:22 AM   #6

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Wildwood, sounds like you need a banana cushion (goes on the bottom against the back wall) so the gaucho seat fits properly at the front.
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 09:38 PM   #7

Name: Wildwood_Boler
Trailer: 1 small simple relatively stock Boler
Alberta
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
Wildwood, sounds like you need a banana cushion (goes on the bottom against the back wall) so the gaucho seat fits properly at the front.
Hey Donna, good advice, but I've got my banana cushion, the scamp gaucho cushion is too short (wall to wall) not too deep (front to back). The scamp banana cushion cover is also shorter than the original boler one, but that is not too big of a deal, I just have to shorten the foam.

I wanted to get my last post out so that people are aware of some of the issues with the Scamp cushions with respect to fit in my boler. I'll look at posting some pictures after I finish the work on my frame and get the boler back on it's wheels.
Wildwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 01:50 PM   #8

Trailer: Boler 1984
I'll look at posting some pictures after I finish the work on my frame and get the boler back on it's wheels.[/QUOTE]

Now THAT"s a frase we love to hear. Congrats on getting an RV icon.
james kent is offline   Reply With Quote