Hi folks. I've owned two Scamps, a 16 foot (2011 I think) which I bought first, to live in as a camp host over by Raleigh while working days for IBM in RTP. I have two kids that came to visit and it was a tad small (for me) and so I bought a medium size tent which I used as a detached living room.
When the job ended I bought a 1995 (I think) 19' which of course has much more room simply due to a full size permanent bed. I ended up selling the 16' but kept the 19'. Years later I am now looking at living in it once I retire in a few years, and dragging it all around the US, probably with my little girl.
Because of it's age I need to do some refurbs.
. The original 12v did its job but isn't really up to the task of living in it. Going to rip the whole thing out and replacing it with LIPO and a couple of hundred of watts of solar
I am comfortable with electronics and intend to build my own batteries from the 3.3v 100a cells.
2) Replace the Snap caps. AFAICT these are all original and many are just missing.
3) Caulk everything that uses caulk. Windows
mostly but also access hatches.
4) Bumper mounted stability legs. Mine are rusted to the point where they don't really function any more.
5) Get the outside professionally cleaned and then a gelcoat put on it.
systems tested. I actually used the stove and the heater years ago but not lately.
7) Oh yea, the back access hatch caught a strong wind as I was putting it up and ripped completely loose. Sigh.
She's an oldie but goodie. Which I can appreciate since that describes me as well.