Led replacement lights - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > Hi, I am....
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 01-09-2016, 04:02 AM   #21

Name: Leonard
Trailer: not yet
California
LED's have a forward voltage drop of around 1.2 or so volts. With a trailer's battery supply of 12 volts, either a series resistor is used to drop the voltage, which wastes energy, or high speed switching transistors (IGBT), which can make some electrical "noise". As far as an LED tv, the components used to drive the displays are already operating at low voltages, with their internal supplies adequately filtered.

The IGBT circuitry for the LED lights is really quite small, now contained in the devices themselves. Some have better internal filtering to keep the switching "noise" contained, other are switching at frequencies that aren't as bothersome. Sometimes just adding filters to the lighting wires helps somewhat, as the supply wires can inadvertently act as antennas for the noise.

That's as simple as I can explain it.

Sent from my iPad using Fiberglass RV
LeonardS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2016, 07:17 AM   #22

Name: Elly
Trailer: (Former) Casita 17 SD
Florida
Definitely the bulbs in our case. Immediate cause and effect when I switch out "bad" bulb for a better bulb. Have replicated the interference in various bulb receptacles though out the trailer.
Elly G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2021, 02:23 AM   #23

Name: Natalie
Trailer: ford
mexico
I replaced all of the lights in my "vintage" RV with Leisure RV LED Light. I had already replaced the bulbs in the original fixtures with LED panels but the light output was not great. These. Are. Awesome. Very bright and since they were designed as LED fixtures the light dispersion is much better than trying to install LED bulbs/panels in a fixture designed for incandescent bulbs.
Natalie21 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
light, lights