Looking at a Casita Indpendence - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-16-2021, 11:41 AM   #1

Name: Dan & Jen
Trailer: In the market
Texas
Looking at a Casita Indpendence

Hey! We just sold our Newmar Bay Star after buying a house and getting off the road full time. We're very interested in a Casita Independence. We like the twin bed instead of other configs. We've got a few concerns. First, we need to see one in person. Second, we've got a Thousand Trails membership with the Trails Collection and RPI add ons. We like boondocking and state parks but TT make camping in places (Oregon coast, for instance) affordable. We wonder if any one has had issues with their Casitas in any of those systems. I'll ask in another thread, of course.

Anyway, looking forward to learning as we begin our search.
DanJenNevada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2021, 11:29 AM   #2

Trailer: Scamp 13 ft 1982
Choosing a Casita Independence

Great selection for the Casita Independence. We purchase a Casita 2019 Independence and have enjoyed it immensely. The key factor for choosing the Independence, is for the twin sleeping arrangements and extra storage. We are 72 and 63 and sleep very well, as I have to get up 3 or 4 times a night. The Casita is great for getting in to tight sites at National Parks. Are TV is a Ford F-150, 5.0, and when we tow the Casita, we even don’t know it’s their. We have travel to SE, Midwest, Montana, Wyoming and Colorado. We live in Texas. I have done over 50 mods on the Casita.
I always say, the Casita is like a Submarine, tight but you have to take a item out, and put the item back. Organized is the key word.

Tom C
Thomas A Cronquist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2021, 10:06 PM   #3

Name: Jann
Trailer: Casita
Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanJenNevada View Post
Hey! We just sold our Newmar Bay Star after buying a house and getting off the road full time. We're very interested in a Casita Independence. We like the twin bed instead of other configs. We've got a few concerns. First, we need to see one in person. Second, we've got a Thousand Trails membership with the Trails Collection and RPI add ons. We like boondocking and state parks but TT make camping in places (Oregon coast, for instance) affordable. We wonder if any one has had issues with their Casitas in any of those systems. I'll ask in another thread, of course.

Anyway, looking forward to learning as we begin our search.
We've seen worse than Casita's in RPI parks so you should have no problems.
Jann Todd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2021, 09:23 AM   #4

Name: Ed
Trailer: Casita 17 ft SD
Colorado
Casita Independence

We dry camp with our Casita 17 ft SD in Forest Service and BLM land all the time.

I had the trailer lifted 4.5 inches and installed 15 inch wheels.

I installed an 80 watt solar panel and a group 31 sealed lead acid battery.

Installed LED lights.

For our use this meets all our needs.
ehoepner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2021, 10:38 AM   #5

Name: Dan & Jen
Trailer: In the market
Texas
Thanks for the replies. We're still interested but it looks like orders aren't being filled for a year or more. Maybe that's just for trailers they've set aside for selling and not for individual orders. Don't know. In any case, we might have to go used or find another route.
DanJenNevada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2021, 10:07 AM   #6

Name: Tammy
Trailer: 2016 Casita Independence Deluxe
TN
Registry
It's over a year wait for any new Casita. There are no dealer models at all right now. They are all pre-sold before they are produced because of the high demand and limited production. Your best bet is to look for a recent model used Casita. We recently bought a 2016 Independence Deluxe. It came with at least a couple thousand dollars worth of modifications, and looked like new. Casitas hold their value very well and you can expect to pay almost as much for a late model year as you would for brand new, except you get it without the year long wait. Go on several Casita owner Facebook Group pages to find a used one for sale. You may have to travel a couple hundred miles to find your exact model.
Rita the Casita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2021, 08:34 AM   #7

Name: Mike
Trailer: None currently
Virginia
Yep. We ordered our Casita in August 2021 and will pick it up September 2022. Used ones a few years old are the same price as new, but without the wait obviously.

-Mike
FloridaNativeMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2021, 11:46 AM   #8

Name: Brad
Trailer: Interested
Montana
Went to a fiberglass rv meet and most were casitas. Not much to decide really. If the bed fits buy it.
Montana Brad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2021, 01:11 PM   #9

Name: Suzanne and Boe
Washington
Look for used.

We love our FD Castia but twins would be nice but we are not willing to give up our chairs! Also have Thousand Trails and have no problems getting in. Living in WA we have plenty of campgrounds on west coast to use. We have also traveled to east coast and used TT along the way whenever possible. Best wishes on your decision making process.
Boe and Suzanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2021, 05:54 PM   #10

Name: Dan
Trailer: Casita 17 SD
Florida
Going Fiberglass

Since the pandemic hit there have been fewer Casitas for sale. I wanted to update my 1999 17 SD to a Liberty model that would allow twin cot sized beds. I am keeping with the Spirit version but set up the cots across the back and over the side dinette. This is working for us as I use a CPAP and my wife is closer to the bathroom and can get up without disturbing me. We are both 79 and hope to have several more years in the trailer to explore.

If a Liberty model comes available you may want to look at that as you can set up the rear with full width mattress but still keep a portion open toward the front making egress from the bed easier. Good luck finding your trailer.
JaxDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2021, 06:39 AM   #11

Name: Leon
Texas
ID-Good Choice For Us

We have a 2021 ID and are loving it. We opted for the wider twin beds and the narrow space between the beds doesn’t bother us. If you contact the Casita HQ they may be able to put you in touch with an owner in your area.
Jmeeks001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2021, 07:38 AM   #12

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaxDan View Post
If a Liberty model comes available you may want to look at that as you can set up the rear with full width mattress but still keep a portion open toward the front making egress from the bed easier. Good luck finding your trailer.
Our other RV has a bed like that, and we love it. The head end retains the intimacy of a shared bed, as well as more space for your shoulders and arms than twins, but the notch at the foot makes for easy in-and-out without disturbing your partner.
Click image for larger version

Name:	Roadtrek Bed.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	334.0 KB
ID:	143866
Jon in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
casita