Looking at an 08 Casita Freedom Deluxe - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > Hi, I am....
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 06-30-2015, 07:02 AM   #1

Name: Greg
Trailer: 2016 Escape 19
Tennessee
Smile Looking at an 08 Casita Freedom Deluxe

Good morning, my name is Greg and my wife and I are currently looking for a gently used Casita Deluxe. We are keeping an eye on a 2008 Freedom Deluxe currently for sale about 3/12 hours from us, and are hoping to go see it this weekend. I know that with the captains chairs found in this model that you lose some storage under the seats, and with storage being a premium on these campers, was wondering if anyone on here has bought this layout and found that to be a big issue. Or if there was anything else about this particular layout that you did not like. Thanks for any info you can share.
GregandTeresa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 09:17 AM   #2

Name: Dave & Kathie
Trailer: 2013 Escape 21
Oregon
Registry
Hi Greg and Teresa,

Welcome. We had a Freedom for 8 years and loved it. We thougt it was the best Casita design. Having captains chairs in such a small trailer is a real bonus. Gives you a comfortable place inside to hang out. The under bench storage in the Spirit is really minimal and we found the space under the chairs to be pretty flexible (ie: Dave's camera bag would fit under the chairs but not under the Spirit benches.) Since we are retired now and traveling more we wanted a little more space and along came Reace and Tammie with the Escape 21, the rest is history.

Good luck - go for it!
Dave & Kathie

Dave and Kathie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 09:24 AM   #3

Tennessee
Thanks for sharing that with us Dave & Kathie. When I first started looking at the Casitas, the Freedom was initially my favorite because it really did feel like those chairs would provide a little more comfort and flexibility, but then I got to worrying about the lost storage (sometimes I tend to over think things). It's always good to hear from someone who has actually owned and enjoyed one. And glad you are enjoying your Escape. If we lived closer to the west coast, that is probably what we would be looking for, but they rarely if ever show up close to Tennessee.
Old 06-30-2015, 09:32 AM   #4

Name: kootenai girl
Trailer: 1976 Trillium 1300
British Columbia
Hi
If you look on the Casita forum, you have to join but it is well worth it if you haven't already.
- Home Page

Some people have come up with a few mods to add storage around the chair bases so I wouldn't worry too much about it.
Good luck, hope it works out.
kootenaigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 10:00 AM   #5

Tennessee
Thanks Kootenaigirl, I have already joined the forum, but have not done much searching on it yet. But I will definitely take a look.
Old 07-01-2015, 11:32 AM   #6

Name: julie
Trailer: Casita
Washington
I have a Freedom 2014 and wouldn't consider any other model😊
The Spirit is the best seller because you can convert the dinette to a bed...if you have kids, that's what you need, or a Liberty,etc.
If you're traveling solo or as a couple, the Freedom chairs are the way to go.
There are numerous posts on Spirit owners modifying the dinette seats to make them more comfortable. With the captain's chairs, years of kickback comfort are ahead for you.
You can buy,which I did, boat sliders to scoot the chairs back a bit to provide more aisle clearance. You can do a search on the casita forum for where to purchase them, think I got mine on Amazon. We can tuck items, bags etc, around the chairs without having to open those lower doors, a pain for us.
Also, the 2008 model is when they upgraded the fabric. I believe you also have the polar bear a.c., while the new models are struggling with the Mach 8 and its tribulations.
Some people also like the bathroom layout better on the older models as well.
I had to buy new because there wasn't a Freedom model in my area, they are just so rare. 3 and 1/2 hrs away? Incredible luck! Do it!
nutter is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
casita