Looking for a BigFoot Camper - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > Hi, I am....
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 09-13-2012, 08:23 AM   #1

Name: Sarah
Trailer: BigFoot truck camper
Oregon
Looking for a BigFoot Camper

I am looking for a used BigFoot camper that will fit in a LB without hanging over, because sometimes I haul over 6,000 and I've been told it wouldn't be safe to extend the hitch out.
Any ideas?
Thanks Sarah
jamasarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 11:58 AM   #2

Trailer: Class A Motorhome
Sarah is looking for a slide-in camper for her truck, The lingo had me thrown for a few readings.
I think that she wants a camper that will fit in a Long Bed truck without hanging over because she tows a 6000 lb load and doesn't want to extend the hitch. Right????

Bob Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 04:25 PM   #3

Trailer: 1973 Compact Jr and 1980 Bigfoot 17 ft
Registry
Send a message via AIM to Tom Trostel Send a message via MSN to Tom Trostel
You might try here ....

Bigfoot Owners Club International |
Old 09-13-2012, 05:48 PM   #4

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Humm, well once in a blue moon someone posts a molded truck camper in the Misc: Buy | Sell | Trade Don't see one now. Tom's idea is the only one I may have been able to come up with...
Donna D. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 07:14 AM   #5

Oregon
That's the ticket, does Big Foot even make one like I need? I found an older Lance, which would be perfect (even had a bathroom) and they wanted too much (of course), and it was love at first site with the Big Foot, so on goes the quest...
Sarah
Old 09-15-2012, 07:27 AM   #6

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Yes Sarah they do. After the bankruptcy and restart, the first thing Bigfoot started building was the truck camper. You'll find a bunch of used ones too: Bigfoot RV - Truck Campers & Travel Trailers - Recreational Vehicle Manufacturer - Truck Campers

If you're wanting all fiberglass, you may want to consider the Northern Lite also: Northern Lite truck camper sales located in Kelowna BC designs the only five star rating camper.
Donna D. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 07:46 AM   #7

Oregon
Thank you sooooooooo much, Donna

Sarah
here's wishing for a BigFoot
Old 09-20-2012, 07:42 AM   #8

Oregon
Well, either there are no used 9' Bigfoot truck campers out there for sale, or it's just small potatoes to the RV dealers cause I've contacted several with no response back.
I'm bummed...
Sarah
Old 09-20-2012, 07:51 AM   #9

You can pretty much forget dealers when it comes to selling used campers. Try these:
findanyrv.com
jaxed.com
kijji.com (sp?)
ebaymotors.com
craigslist.org

Good Luck

Old 09-20-2012, 08:03 AM   #10

Oregon
Reality is sometimes hard to believe, really, I just can't believe the interest level is so low, it's still money.
I'll give those a try though(and thank you).

So far everything I've found has been way too upscale for me and too long for my truck. I'm thinking I need to get in my truck, drive to every city's RV place and look for myself until I find the Bigfoot I'm looking for?
Maybe after I buy my winter's hay for the horses, that's what I'll do! Anybody got any ideas on the best place to start?
Sarah
Old 09-20-2012, 09:34 AM   #11

About the only place you will find a used slide-on camper is on the back row of a 3rd tier used car lot. And wanting a particular unit further reduces your chances.
RV dealers don't like to sell rigs that are more than a few years old for some of these reasons:
1. Warranty... when a dealer sells an RV the buyer expects some follow up when something breaks in the first 30-90 days. This is the entire reason that my local RV dealer, one that I know well, doesn't sell anything over 3 years old.

2. Depreciation: When a RV buyer comes to a dealer and sees a new trailer for $20,000, and a 5 year old one just like it for $6000, it's that much more difficult to sell new ones.
3. Consignment Costs: If a dealer takes in a rig on consignment, they have to take at least a 35% mark up over what they give the owner. Most owners aren't interested in those margins and there is no money out there for dealers to "float" used inventory.

There is an RV dealer Medford, OR that we stopped at a few years ago that had three used slide in campers for sale, all were less than 3 years old and all had been repoed from the original buyers.

Save your gas money and try the phone and the several web sites available. You can also post a "Wanted" ad and offer a small reward for any leads that turn onto a sale.....

Good Luck

Old 09-20-2012, 10:24 AM   #12

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
Sarah, if you search Craigs list in BC - in areas such as Vancouver, Victoria and Nanaimo you will find a number of used Bigfoot campers listed - changes daily. Bigfoot campers are one of the most commonly seen campers in BC especially on Vancouver Island. With NA free trade its pretty easy to import them to the USA no duty.

Just a sample of whats on Craigs list Vancouver today:

Here
here
Here
here
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 12:32 PM   #13

Oregon
OH MY Gosh!!!Thank you sooooo much Canada here I come, it has to be a Bigfoot!
Sarah
Old 09-20-2012, 01:48 PM   #14
Commercial Member

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Bigfoot Truck Campers

They are hard to find in the US. Canada has many more so check Kijji and other sites in Canada. If it 25 years or older it is less hassle to bring into the US.
Chuck
Deb & Chuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 02:55 PM   #15

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb & Chuck View Post
They are hard to find in the US. Canada has many more so check Kijji and other sites in Canada. If it 25 years or older it is less hassle to bring into the US.
Chuck
Chuck what are US import rules on a truck camper rather than a trailer? I am assuming the duty free applies the same as a trailer but does the age exemption etc re Safety inspections apply to campers? Just curious as I have no idea about what all the camper rules are vs trailer rules.
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 03:44 PM   #16

Name: Dave W
Trailer: Trillium 4500 - 1976, 1978, 1979, 1300 - 1977, and a 1973
Alberta
Registry
I am not a stickler for spelling, but it is kijiji

All BC Bigfoots:
New & Used Rv's / Trailers & Campers for sale British Columbia; bigfoot Trailers, Motorhomes, Campers & Accessories for Sale on Kijiji Classifieds.

All Alberta Bigfoots:
New & Used Rv's / Trailers & Campers for sale Alberta; bigfoot Trailers, Motorhomes, Campers & Accessories for Sale on Kijiji Classifieds.

If there is something in Calgary you want me to go take a look at, let me know.
David Tilston is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bigfoot