Lucky or foolish - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > Hi, I am....
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 08-17-2016, 10:00 AM   #21

Name: Tap
Trailer: 2015 17' Casita Independence, 2010 Escape 19’
Florida
Very sweet looking camper! Good for you.
TappyGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2016, 10:13 AM   #22

Trailer: 2008 17 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe
Registry
If there's just one long cushion on the side, does that automatically mean bunks, or could it just be a couch? Either way, I'd have to vote luckeeeeeeee!
Ruth C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2016, 10:42 AM   #23

Name: Eva
Trailer: Casita
Florida
Registry
Both couches turn into bunks
Ultra4e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2016, 02:01 PM   #24

Name: Estella
Trailer: Currently shopping.
California
Send a message via Yahoo to LaFille1
A novice...

To all of you experienced RVers out there. I am in the process of becoming...or wanting to go on an RV experience. I wanted to ask, how do you manage your mail when out of town for a long time? Is there a way to have your mail delivered/forward? If, so please share, any ideas, information it will be appreciated!

Thank you, and happy travels!

Estella
LaFille1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2016, 02:11 PM   #25

Trailer: U-Haul 16 ft Vacationer
Send a message via Yahoo to Kevin A
Estella,
I would suggest that you start your own post about the mail delivery. It's not likely to get many responses buried in another topic thread. Best of luck!
Kevin A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2016, 05:05 PM   #26

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultra4e View Post
I called casita. The ac was installed in the back that year.
I understand it does make it back heavy probably why they moved it
And now I know why the owner gave me a stabilizer tow bar with it.
Attached is the original owners manual
Interesting… I stand corrected. Never heard of any manufacturer doing it that way from the factory before.

I am concerned that you seem to need the stabilizer bar. A properly balanced trailer should not have any tendency to sway at normal towing speeds. A stabilizer bar is meant as an auxiliary safety device for unusual situation, such as an unexpected strong wind gust or an emergency evasive maneuver.

What's on the tongue of the trailer?
Jon in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2016, 06:46 PM   #27

Florida
Registry
Im not sure I "need" it. But I've driven a trailer once, this one home from seller.
It made me better. Lol
Old 08-17-2016, 08:07 PM   #28

Trailer: 2007 19 ft Escape 5.0 / 2002 GMC (1973 Boler project)
Registry
Send a message via Yahoo to Alf S.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultra4e View Post
Im not sure I "need" it. But I've driven a trailer once, this one home from seller.
It made me better. Lol
Hi: Ultra4e... I'd say you're lucky!!! That's a very rare Ca-side-a from all the pic's you posted. LoL
Alf S. North shore of Lake Erie
Alf S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2016, 10:30 PM   #29

Name: Borden and Carole
Trailer: 1978 Earlton Ontario boler
Ontario
Registry
Congrats
Old 08-19-2016, 10:08 AM   #30

Name: Mitzi
Trailer: LilSnoozy 12/01/16, Tug 2012 Dodge Citadel
Florida
Congrats from another Floridian awaiting p/u on a camper! Looks sweet! Jon Lil Snoozy has the rear wall mounted a/c also. I believe that the rear wall for Snoozy is reinforced. Is your information that it is not?
Old 08-19-2016, 10:49 AM   #31

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitzi Agnew-Giles View Post
…Jon, Lil Snoozy has the rear wall mounted a/c also. I believe that the rear wall for Snoozy is reinforced. Is your information that it is not?
I meant I'd never heard of a factory through-window AC installation on a traditional single hull molded fiberglass design.

Lil Snoozy is an entirely different hull design. I knew they used a window-type unit, but I don't know the details of how it is installed and reinforced. I'm sure it works fine.

I'm wondering now how long Casita used that approach and whether there were issues that might lead the OP to consider moving it. On the one hand, it has lasted 27 years, so it might be okay to leave it alone ("if it ain't broke…"). On the other hand, it doesn't look like this trailer has been used too much!

If it were my trailer, and especially if my plans included extensive travel or rough back roads, I'd attempt to have a conversation with someone at Casita who has been there a while (like 27 years or more).
Jon in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2016, 04:16 PM   #32

Florida
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon in AZ View Post
I meant I'd never heard of a factory through-window AC installation on a traditional single hull molded fiberglass design.

Lil Snoozy is an entirely different hull design. I knew they used a window-type unit, but I don't know the details of how it is installed and reinforced. I'm sure it works fine.

I'm wondering now how long Casita used that approach and whether there were issues that might lead the OP to consider moving it. On the one hand, it has lasted 27 years, so it might be okay to leave it alone ("if it ain't broke…"). On the other hand, it doesn't look like this trailer has been used too much!

If it were my trailer, and especially if my plans included extensive travel or rough back roads, I'd attempt to have a conversation with someone at Casita who has been there a while (like 27 years or more).
I believe they used quite a bit. I know they had two houses one in Texas and one in Florida. In the sun and his wife have used it a lot too. But on further inspection I can see that it's been re-carpeted at some point The color of the carpet in the cabinets are different than the walls. I think this family just took incredibly good care of this camper. They were concerned that it went to a happy home. I'm thinking about installing it in front under the bunk bed but I'm hesitant to lose the storage