Luvered vents - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-20-2022, 02:26 PM   #1

Name: Marian
Trailer: Casita
ME
Luvered vents

Hi. I saw some posts from 2020 on the luvered vents for sliding Casita windows. There was a gentleman who said he had fabricated them on his 3D printer. Anyone know if there is any further activity on this or any other similar solutions.
Thanks.
MamaZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2022, 03:24 PM   #2

Trailer: 13 ft Scamp
I’d definitely be interested in a set if they were available
alan H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2022, 06:14 PM   #3

ME
Luvered vents

It would be great. Hopefully others on the forum know more about this. I guess they were produced by Maxx Air previously but were discontinued. Not sure why, sounds like a good solution to let air in when it's raining.
Old 05-22-2022, 06:31 PM   #4

ME
Red face Louvered Vents

Correcting an error. It is louvered not luvered! No excuses, just a brain blurp!
Old 05-22-2022, 06:43 PM   #5

Name: Jonathan
Trailer: ex-Casita, now Alto R series
Massachusetts
Casita louvered vents: not good news

There's this thread that appears promising, but just keep scrolling to the (dead) end.
https://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/...rts-97554.html
Old 05-22-2022, 06:51 PM   #6

ME
The post that I was originally referring to was from 2020. From WRGLLC. His name was Wayne. He had done a 3D printing of the vent. Is anyone still communicating with him?
Old 05-23-2022, 04:45 AM   #7

Trailer: Bigfoot 19 ft
I have an MaxAir Vent need the rubber weather material that surrounds the vent. I somehow lost the extra material that comes with these vents.

If anyone has some, please let me know. I’ll be happy to reimburse, and greatful evermore.

Thanks in advance!
Old 05-25-2022, 11:39 AM   #8

Name: jon
Trailer: 2013 Casita 17' SD
Illinois
wayne Pavalko

Around the fall of 2020 Wayne Pavalko started a post inquiring if anyone would be interested in 3D printed louvers for campers. I was his guinea pig and ordered a pair for the driver side window above the 2 person dinette in my 2012 Casita SD. It fit like a glove.....but ended up selling the louver with the Casita. Fast forward, I purchased another SD and wanted another louver. Last November/December I sent about 4 or 5 emails to Wayne, none of which he responded. In January he did respond and I was able to purchase another louver.

His email is wrg.corporate@gmail.com

Good product if you can get him to respond. Apparently this is a hobby and does this when he has time.

jon

Edit note... I accidently posted this info to the thread Jon MB mentioned in his post above.
jon carpenter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2022, 03:24 PM   #9

Name: Larry
Trailer: Casita17'Spirit Deluxe (aka: Tweaker's Casita)
Southwest Ohio
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jane P. View Post
I have an MaxAir Vent need the rubber weather material that surrounds the vent. I somehow lost the extra material that comes with these vents.

If anyone has some, please let me know. I’ll be happy to reimburse, and greatful evermore.

Thanks in advance!
A year or two ago, I was able to get a pair of used MaxxAir vents that came with the wiper gasket but not the flexible edge gasket... I solved the problem by using rubber car door edge guard molding. I got it extremely inexpensively on eBay. Works perfectly!!
LarryB. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2022, 05:40 PM   #10

Name: Larry
Trailer: Casita17'Spirit Deluxe (aka: Tweaker's Casita)
Southwest Ohio
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaZ View Post
Hi. I saw some posts from 2020 on the luvered vents for sliding Casita windows. There was a gentleman who said he had fabricated them on his 3D printer. Anyone know if there is any further activity on this or any other similar solutions.
Thanks.
I believe that Jon C. received an original RVent window louver from Wayne in 2020. Subsequently I received a small window version of the RVent window louver from Wayne for my emergency escape window.

The good news is that the RVent window louver does not require permanent installation on your trailer. The bad news is that since it is not permanently installed you have to remove it during your campground departure process.

Wayne has discovered that very few trailer windows have the same height and shape. The ordering process requires you to get templates from him that he has developed so that you can identify the radius of the curved window-glass edges and the height of the window-glass.

Jon C. sent me a copy of Wayne’s templates and I still have them since Wayne never asked me to return them. Attending fibegrlass rallys (listings here; map here), I have measured windows on several trailers and I am surprised on the variety of curve & height (even within the same trailer manufacturers).

Unfortunately, Wayne’s design isn’t currently compatible with double pane windows….

Jon’s RVent is white; mine is translucent. Wayne is able to make the RVent in the color of your choice.
LarryB. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2022, 06:40 PM   #11

ME
Thank you Larry. I have been in touch with Wayne via email. I really appreciate you sharing your information. It is will be very helpful.
Marian