My Scamp - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-02-2012, 06:47 PM   #1

Name: emily
Trailer: 2010 SCAMP
Georgia
Talking My Scamp

I am sooo excited!! I picked up my 2010 Scamp today! I tried to post some pictures but they all print sideways from my picassa album...too tired to figure out how to fix them...the scamp 13' tows like a dream!

M
pageleigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 09:59 PM   #2

Trailer: 2007 Casita
Congrats! I remember that excitment, Enjoy!

To turn your pic's so they show up correctly. Open in paint (if you have a Pc) Click on rotate till you get it right side up! Click, Save As and add a name. That way you don't lose your original. Good luck................
Robin G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 07:29 AM   #3

Georgia
Thanks Robin!
Old 11-03-2012, 09:28 AM   #4

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
Congrats Emily!! Now the great camping memories start! Enjoy it!
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 08:54 PM   #5

Georgia
Thanks Carol...I drove the camper to a local state park today and then brought it home and took a nap inside the camper for the first time! Loved it...do you leave a bed up in your trailer and what do you use for a mattress?

Emily
Old 11-03-2012, 09:22 PM   #6

Registry
The 1st year I had this trailer I tried putting the bed up and down each day and used sleeping bags. After the first year and I started doing longer trips, I purchased an EZ up canopy with sides on it to put over an outside table in wet weather and use a propane fire pit to keep it warm so I could leave the bed down and made up. Added a memory foam top to the bed, along with real sheets etc and its very comfortable.
Old 11-03-2012, 09:23 PM   #7

Name: Pete
Trailer: 17' Casita SD
Wisconsin
you will enjoy it, take the table down when transporting, we bought a memory gel foam mattress to put on the cushions and it has been wonderful. the more you use it the more you'll improve it or adapt. Hope to see you around sometime. Pete
yyyyyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 09:29 PM   #8

Georgia
I found a 4" memory foam mattress at Walmart for 99.00, but I will have to cut it to size...I wonder if there is a cheaper option. I bought a queen size, full size not available.
Old 11-03-2012, 09:39 PM   #9

Name: Gilda
Trailer: 2011 Scamp 13'
California
Registry
We absolutely LOVE camping in our 2011, 13' Scamp. Following are some organizational and bedding ideas for you.
We have a 13' Scamp and were concerned about putting up and taking down the table/bed setup daily. As it turns out, when the weather is nice, we keep the bed up and have our coffee and simple breakfast while sitting on the edge of the bed or on the couch. Before you know it we are out hiking for the day, cook and eat dinner outside, enjoy our campfire, read in bed and turn out the lights. When weather is inclement we'll set up the dinette because we'll be inside more hours of the day.

The key is to make bed setup easy/breezy. We do this by draping fleece blankets over the dinette bench backs. (They are decorative and do not take up much-needed storage space.) When not in use our 2 comforters are rolled around a 4' tube and placed across the dinette benches under the table. We store our 2 lengths of thermafoam in the dinette bench. It takes less than 5 minutes to convert the dinette to a bed.

Our two small bed pillows are housed in "Pillow-Pets" (MyPillowPets.com) during the day. My favorites are the "Chocolate Moose" and the bear. I modified the original by removing the stuffing and inserting a 12" zipper in the lower edge (between the back legs). During the day they look like stuffed animals and at night we remove the pillow, thereby saving even more valuable storage space.

'Hope these ideas help you and others. Happy camping!
Attached Thumbnails
SCAMP Interior October 2011 022.jpg   SCAMP Interior October 2011 023.jpg  

SCAMP Interior October 2011 025.jpg   SCAMP Interior October 2011 036.jpg  

Gilda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 09:40 PM   #10

Name: kootenai girl
Trailer: 1976 Trillium 1300
British Columbia
Congratulations, it is very exciting for sure when you first get your trailer.
We were tent campers before so find the cushions in the Scamp quite comfortable but then again we have not done any really long trips yet. We do keep our bed down all the time though as we are mainly outside.
kootenaigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 07:15 AM   #11

Wisconsin
we purchased the Q-size and cut it down, we read reviews and ended up getting the more expensive one at Costco I think it was $130, money well spent. We keep our closet by the door m/t and store it in there when not in use.
Old 11-04-2012, 09:21 AM   #12

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by pageleigh View Post
I found a 4" memory foam mattress at Walmart for 99.00, but I will have to cut it to size...I wonder if there is a cheaper option. I bought a queen size, full size not available.
I would look around at other stores for a full - should be cheaper than a queen. I still had to cut down the full size to fit correctly. Sew up a couple of single flat sheets to make a cover for it so if you take it off to stow away it doesnt get dirty.
Old 11-04-2012, 05:02 PM   #13

Georgia
I am taking the mattress topper back to Walmart. I measured my sleeping area this am...the space is alittle larger than a full mattress. I went to Ikea in Atlanta and bought a memory foam mattress, pillows and duvet for my bed... the selection and ideas at Ikea are wonderful! I still need to plan a trip for the first of the year...my family will be staying with me at Thanksgiving thru Christmas so I can only take short close trips before then. Thanks again.

M
Old 11-04-2012, 06:07 PM   #14

Wisconsin
Wife was just looking over my shoulder and wants me to correct that it was a full not a queen
Old 11-04-2012, 06:56 PM   #15

Georgia
Thanks..
M
Old 11-04-2012, 08:20 PM   #16

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Patiently waiting for pictures. Especially one of you next to the Scamp with a big ole grin
Donna D. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 09:13 AM   #17

Wisconsin
just a word, we used an electric knife to trim the mattress and it cut like butter. Pete (and Donna
Old 11-21-2012, 07:07 PM   #18

Name: Deb
Trailer: Scamp
Alaska
If it is just you Suggest you do what I did. I took the table out. Cut a piece of plywood about 12 inches smaller than the table. Cut out the extra little pillows from the cushions. Converted the whole set up to twin size and use a twin size memory foam topper. Than during the day I put pillows around like a day bed. Never have to take a part the bed. I have a small little camp chair that I use sometimes inside. I also have a small table from REI that also can be set up inside if it is bad weather. I have been living like this for almost 4 years.
Alaska Deb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 10:17 PM   #19

Name: deryk
Trailer: 2012 Parkliner 2010 V6 Nissan Frontier 4x4
New Jersey
Registry
Ive been thinking of an idea like I have in my small gypsy vardo I built for the bed, since usually its just me, I measured out 29" as a decent bed width alone and used a futon and folded it like a couch, would give a little more floor space and if you have company pull the board forward and make it into a full sized bed. I bought a 4" mem foam topper and a futon cover put it over the futon and the mem foam, and just add a sheet and blanket and pillows and the bed is ready to go
deryk is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
scamp