My trailer has issues - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > Hi, I am....
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 03-22-2022, 02:21 PM   #1

Name: Ramona
Trailer: Trillium
Quebec
Registry
My trailer has issues

Hi!
I bought my trailer last November and have been quietly skulking around here and have already appreciated people’s help, David in particular with his detailed answers!
I am getting the frame checked out beginning of April outside of Montreal.
Est-ce-qu’il y a des autres icitte!?!?
And have lots of fiberglass repairs to do, many holes everywhere, which I will do another post on some of the peculiar ones.
My trailer, Butter grew up in a farmer’s field in Ontario. Lots of alterations I believe, at least I don’t know what is normal, so will be asking you about.
For the time being I have attached photos of the rockguard and ceiling vent.
1. Rockguard-i can’t get it open, the wing nut and length of thread is so tiny, there is no « spring » to release it and I am not sure if there is another aspect of opening thé guard that I am missing?
2. Ceiling vent has word « Heng » printed on it…..is this original? It doesn’t seem very solid on the ceiling and I am wondering if this is one water leaking route. Right next to it, is the attenae and I am wondering if it is contributing to a leak as well?

Thanks in advance for ur help!!
Attached Thumbnails
FDDB7FE6-7598-40D8-9219-1EBA2E97071B.jpg   DBA4B155-65C4-4CB5-989A-E8EF1E146833.jpg  

87B2F5CE-1A36-4E30-BDF6-01D6351AC836.jpg   4B4666F0-DA4D-4067-8684-70F23D5F7EDB.jpg  

RamonaLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2022, 05:10 AM   #2

Name: Steve
Trailer: Boler
Ontario
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by RamonaLee View Post
Hi!
I bought my trailer last November and have been quietly skulking around here and have already appreciated people’s help, David in particular with his detailed answers!
I am getting the frame checked out beginning of April outside of Montreal.
Est-ce-qu’il y a des autres icitte!?!?
And have lots of fiberglass repairs to do, many holes everywhere, which I will do another post on some of the peculiar ones.
My trailer, Butter grew up in a farmer’s field in Ontario. Lots of alterations I believe, at least I don’t know what is normal, so will be asking you about.
For the time being I have attached photos of the rockguard and ceiling vent.
1. Rockguard-i can’t get it open, the wing nut and length of thread is so tiny, there is no « spring » to release it and I am not sure if there is another aspect of opening thé guard that I am missing?
2. Ceiling vent has word « Heng » printed on it…..is this original? It doesn’t seem very solid on the ceiling and I am wondering if this is one water leaking route. Right next to it, is the attenae and I am wondering if it is contributing to a leak as well?

Thanks in advance for ur help!!
What I did when my 76 Boler started having leaking roof vent issues was simple. I went to Canadian Tire and bought a roll of window sealing tape and replaced the seals on every window and like magic, no more leaks of any kind. Instead of putting rivets back in, I used stainless nuts, bolts and washers. End of problem.
Steve Stresman is offline   Reply With Quote