Nancy and Mabel (Rat Terrier) Kroes from Delton, MI - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-16-2013, 10:32 AM   #1

Name: Nancy
Trailer: Boler, 2 Serro Scottys
Michigan
Nancy and Mabel (Rat Terrier) Kroes from Delton, MI

I bought my 1978 boler 13 several years ago, but had several other trailers to work on first so she got put on the back burner. Finally, it is her turn to shine. Have removed her furnace and 3-way refrigerator. The furnace had had its gas line tapped so doubtful it worked, wouldn't have used it anyway, and the 3-way did not work. Her gel coat has lost its shine and since I last scrubbed all the mildew off, parked under some elm trees, she got covered in lichens. In the process of scrubbing those off. Then she gets painted all over in a lovely shade of light pink. Hoping to get that done soon - as it is definitely chilling off here in SW Michigan. Her side windows are removed for reinstallation with new butyl tape - they have been leaking for a long time. Her front window, and rear slider need the plexi replaced. A previous owner put the do it your self tinting on those windows and they both look like they are shattered. Nothing I have tried, hair dryer and steamer, have resulted in any success in removing the tint. The inner layer came off, but the layer on the plexiglass is stuck on there.

I plan on removing her front and rear upper cabinets. I cannot imagine I would ever put anything in them and I think it will feel more spacious without them. Also removing propane and will use a Coleman 3-way camp stove instead - burner/griddle/grill. Putting a new countertop down over the top of the fiberglass one and will reinstall the sink afterwards, although no water supply.
nkroes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 06:37 PM   #2

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Hi Nancy! I follow you over on Facebook... to FiberglassRV, we're glad you're here!

I know you have pictures would you like to share some with the group here. We LOVE pics
Donna D. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 06:48 PM   #3
Commercial Member

Name: Mike
Trailer: Boler13/trillium4500/buro13
Ontario
Hello nancy and congrats on finally starting the boler project I'd think long and hard on removing the front and back cabinets if they are the original fibberglass ones most boler owners would love to have them . Hope you will have it done for next years algonac meet
Mikmay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 05:03 AM   #4

Name: Nancy
Trailer: Boler, 2 Serro Scottys
Michigan
Her web page is found at 1978 Boler Project | National Serro Scotty Organization

Have not added pictures since I started her redo three weekends ago (but then took off two weekends to go camping in the Adirondacks with my Woolrich Scotty teardrop).
nkroes is offline   Reply With Quote