Natalie in CO - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-25-2022, 04:46 PM   #1

Name: Natalie
Trailer: American Dream Camper Trailer
Colorado
Natalie in CO

I just acquired a 2018 American Dream Camper Trailer last weekend! It's beautiful and in excellent condition! I knew very little about these campers as I had to jump on it quickly before someone else bought it. I knew I wanted a small teardrop style camper, light weight that could be pulled with just about any vehicle. I didn't need all the bells and whistles and this seemed just perfect after I had gone that morning to a dealer to buy a brand new teardrop camper with all the stuff and realized it was way more than I really wanted or needed. Came home and started searching again and found my lil camper boat had just posted on FB marketplace just 45 minutes before! And, it was only a 2 hour drive from home!
After I got her home I started doing some research and realized that it's possible I may have one of the last models American Dream Trailer Co. in Oregon ever made. Looks like they started making this vintage inspired camper/boat in 2015 and may have stopped producing them in 2017 or 2018. I am this girl's 4th owner. I cannot find a website for the company. Paul Dalham was the maker of this type trailer and I see that he was on this forum at some time but no longer is on here.
Mine is white with red trim. I am so stinking stoked to have this lil camper and the row boat is a bonus! There are very few pics and videos of this trailorboat replica out there. I'm wondering if there are other owners on this forum. How many camper boats did American Dream Trailer Co. make?
Thanks and happy camping!
Natalie in CO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2022, 12:18 PM   #2
Commercial Member

Name: Mike
Trailer: Boler13/trillium4500/buro13
Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natalie in CO View Post
I just acquired a 2018 American Dream Camper Trailer last weekend! It's beautiful and in excellent condition! I knew very little about these campers as I had to jump on it quickly before someone else bought it. I knew I wanted a small teardrop style camper, light weight that could be pulled with just about any vehicle. I didn't need all the bells and whistles and this seemed just perfect after I had gone that morning to a dealer to buy a brand new teardrop camper with all the stuff and realized it was way more than I really wanted or needed. Came home and started searching again and found my lil camper boat had just posted on FB marketplace just 45 minutes before! And, it was only a 2 hour drive from home!
After I got her home I started doing some research and realized that it's possible I may have one of the last models American Dream Trailer Co. in Oregon ever made. Looks like they started making this vintage inspired camper/boat in 2015 and may have stopped producing them in 2017 or 2018. I am this girl's 4th owner. I cannot find a website for the company. Paul Dalham was the maker of this type trailer and I see that he was on this forum at some time but no longer is on here.
Mine is white with red trim. I am so stinking stoked to have this lil camper and the row boat is a bonus! There are very few pics and videos of this trailorboat replica out there. I'm wondering if there are other owners on this forum. How many camper boats did American Dream Trailer Co. make?
Thanks and happy camping!
Hello Natalie and congrats on your new trailer , I am at the Palm Springs vintage trailer show at this moment and there is one trailer boat here . Also Happier Camper Has a couple TB in there showroom and have the molds to build more in the near future as it is a pretty cool trailer .
Mikmay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2022, 05:53 PM   #3

Colorado
Thank you for responding! I bet that show is really cool and glad you were there and I’m happy to hear there are other builders that are excited to build these super cute campers…
Old 04-09-2022, 01:02 PM   #4

Name: Peta
Trailer: American Dream Trailorboat
California
Registry
Talking AD Trailorboat owner, too!

Hi Natalie,
I know EXACTLY how you felt finding that little American Dream Traliorboat; I bought one, too. Mine is 2017, seafoam/aqua trim. It gets comments wherever I take it camping.
They are very unique - I wonder, too, what happened to American Dream Tralier Co. Not sure how many were made, but your trailer ID (VIN) number might tell that tale, esp. being a 2018 and you think it's the last. Mine ends in ...013, so probably the 13th made.
Happier Camper bought the moulds from AD and are going to do something new with them, it's rumored. Let's keep our eyes out for that... it will be hard to beat the original design for nostaligic 60's retro-vibe, though, IMHO.
Best, Peta
Peta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2022, 06:55 AM   #5

Trailer: 13 ft Scamp
I’d love to see some exterior & internal pics
Never heard of these
alan H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2022, 01:56 PM   #6

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by alan H View Post
I’d love to see some exterior & internal pics
Never heard of these
You can google "American Dream trailer" and get pages of pictures, including a few of the inside.
Jon in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2022, 02:06 PM   #7

Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peta View Post
Hi Natalie,

I know EXACTLY how you felt finding that little American Dream Traliorboat; I bought one, too. Mine is 2017, seafoam/aqua trim. It gets comments wherever I take it camping.

They are very unique - I wonder, too, what happened to American Dream Tralier Co. Not sure how many were made, but your trailer ID (VIN) number might tell that tale, esp. being a 2018 and you think it's the last. Mine ends in ...013, so probably the 13th made.

Happier Camper bought the moulds from AD and are going to do something new with them, it's rumored. Let's keep our eyes out for that... it will be hard to beat the original design for nostaligic 60's retro-vibe, though, IMHO.

Best, Peta

Hi PETA!! How awesome! Thank you for responding and I’m so happy to learn of another TB American Dream owner!
The info on the tongue actually says Manufactured March 2017 and ends in 017, but my title info has it listed as 2018… no idea why that discrepancy. Who knows if we’ll meet someday. Happy travels and best to you!