Need 6'7" interior - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-26-2020, 09:02 PM   #1

Name: Margaret
Trailer: need 6'7" interior height
IL
Question Need 6'7" interior

My husband is 6'7". Anybody know of a current fiberglass mfg making travel trailers he can fit in? TIA
Margaret S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2020, 10:35 PM   #2

Trailer: Oliver
Registry
The Oliver Elite II is 78" in the main area. The bath and right under the AC is less. Bed length is the same.
Steve Outlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2020, 06:34 AM   #3

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
The Lil Snoozy, Parkliner, and EggCamper are others with taller ceiling height and bed length. Don’t think any are quite 6’7”, but close. Of the three, only the Snoozy is still being made. Roof air conditioning will steal a couple more inches under the unit, and it’s often right in the middle of the aisle. Come to think of it, none of the three I listed originally came with roof air. Maybe they were on to something!

In a relatively small trailer, some taller folks find a little stooping is not a big deal. You’re not standing all that much. A comfortable bed in which you can stretch out is more important. But everyone has their personal comfort level with tight spaces.

Best wishes finding something that will work for you!
Jon in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2020, 07:15 AM   #4

Name: Perry
Trailer: 2016 Bigfoot 25RQ
Lanesboro, Minnesota, between Whalan and Fountain
The interior height of an Escape 5.0 is 7' by the door to 6'4" by the dinette. It also has a standard queen bed with room on each side to throw your arms and legs.

Enjoy,

Perry

Previous Eggs -2018 Escape 5.0 TA, 2001 Scamp 16' Side Bath, 2007 Casita 17' Spirit basic, no bath, water or tanks, 2003 Bigfoot 25B25RQ, that we regreted selling
Perryb67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2020, 09:05 AM   #5

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
Didn’t think about fifth wheels. Good catch, Perry. That might be your best bet if you have, or are willing to buy, a pickup.
Jon in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2020, 12:03 PM   #6

IL
Hi Perry,

Thank you so much! Did we meet you at Tator TOT in Idaho in June 2019?
How do you carry your trikes with a 5th wheel? We have a 2016 Ford F150 with tow package and Chevy 3500 Express 15 passenger van to carry our trike. Our whole reason to want to get a RV is to be self sufficient when we travel to various locations and find new trails to ride. Glad to find another trikes.

TIA
Margaret of Illinois
Old 11-27-2020, 12:10 PM   #7

IL
HI Jon,

Thank you for all that information. that is good to know a queen can fit. I would love it if he just crouches a little, better than my suggestion - just chop off a few inches! We are hoping to carry our two recumbent trikes so we need a travel trailer. Thank you again.

Margaret
Old 11-28-2020, 06:53 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret S View Post
Hi Perry,

Thank you so much! Did we meet you at Tator TOT in Idaho in June 2019?
How do you carry your trikes with a 5th wheel? We have a 2016 Ford F150 with tow package and Chevy 3500 Express 15 passenger van to carry our trike. Our whole reason to want to get a RV is to be self sufficient when we travel to various locations and find new trails to ride. Glad to find another trikes.

TIA
Margaret of Illinois
Terry and I have been to at least seven TOT's. In 2019 we had our 5.0 in the motel parking lot, and showed a number of people the camper.

We carry one trike in the back bed of the truck with the trike seat removed, and the other rides on the back of the 5.0 on a Hitchrider rack. Our Hitchrider rack is at least twelve or more years old and is built like a tank. It weighs around 50 pounds and uses a 2" receiver. It tilts and is very easy to load the trike.

I've PM'd you my phone number if you wish to talk.

Enjoy,

Perry

Previous Eggs -2018 Escape 5.0 TA, 2001 Scamp 16' Side Bath, 2007 Casita 17' Spirit basic, no bath, water or tanks, 2003 Bigfoot 25B25RQ, that we regreted selling
Old 11-30-2020, 12:23 AM   #9

IL
Wow Perry my husband kept saying he met you at TOT! How cool. We saw Leslie and Paula van conversion there and started me on this path of looking for way to travel with our trikes. I wish we had toured your camper then. But it was far from my mind then! Thank you for all the information. We are still triking here in Illinois. Its only in high 30's - to 40's. I hope to trike with you some time. I don't know how to PM on this platform.
Margaret
Old 11-30-2020, 12:55 AM   #10

Trailer: Escape 17 ft
Quote:
I don't know how to PM on this platform.
Margaret

Click on the name you wish to contact, upper left. You will see a list of options. Do not include any links until you've posted 10 times ( I think it is ).
Attached Thumbnails
Screen Shot 2020-11-29 at 10.53.04 PM.png  
Old 11-30-2020, 07:04 AM   #11

Quote:
Wow Perry my husband kept saying he met you at TOT! How cool. We saw Leslie and Paula van conversion there and started me on this path of looking for way to travel with our trikes. I wish we had toured your camper then. But it was far from my mind then! Thank you for all the information. We are still triking here in Illinois. Its only in high 30's - to 40's. I hope to trike with you some time. I don't know how to PM on this platform.
Margaret
Sometimes the world can get small.

Our condo is in Lanesboro, MN with the 5.0 on a seasonal site in the 250 Campground eight tenths of a mile away, when we're not traveling somewhere. Lanesboro is centrally located on the Root River Trail, one of the premier trails in Minnesota. You should try our trail after a TOT.

To retrieve the PM I sent you look in the upper right corner for:
Welcome Margaret S

Two lines under "Welcome Margaret S" is:
"Private Messages: Unread ? Total ?"

Click on "Private Messages:"

You should then be able to see your private messages.

We're currently in Naples, Florida at a Lanesboro condo neighbor's place on the beach. For the first time ever we're without a camper. Feels weird! We brought our ICE trikes and have about 250 miles riding here so far.

Enjoy,

Perry

Old 11-30-2020, 01:41 PM   #12

IL
That is so cool to hear! We will stop and ride the Root River trail on the way home. It was wonderful.
Old 12-02-2020, 12:50 PM   #13

Name: R
Trailer: Escape
Illinois
Ta5.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perryb67 View Post
The interior height of an Escape 5.0 is 7' by the door to 6'4" by the dinette. It also has a standard queen bed with room on each side to throw your arms and legs.

Enjoy,

Perry
I am 6 foot four of the fraction. My wife and I were looking for a trailer I could stand up in. When she saw me standing in the escape fifth wheel she said this is it I can tell by the smile. Areas where you may have an issue: The dinette or you have to step down; under the air conditioner which you can do without; in the bathroom which is an easy work around; in bed and not just the link but also sitting up - depends on the thickness of the mattress; last but not least you have to learn how to exit and enter the camper door.

I am fully appreciative of the problem, there are some other solutions out there but they may be much more expensive. Good luck it’s worth the hunt. Keep “us tall folk” posted.
Little Richie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2020, 02:26 PM   #14

Name: R
Trailer: Escape
Illinois
Other trailers

Is noted earlier I am six for the fraction. We’re looking for a trailer and looking at all the trellis since then I note the following considerations:

In the escape trailers you have to pay attention to the thickness of the insulation when you get measurements from them.

In the escape trailer and other fifth wheels do you have to pay attention to the space between the mattress and the ceiling; that is to say the thickness of the mattress and ceiling height.

In other trailers like the Olivari line it appears to be necessary to pay attention to the space between the bed and the rest of the trailer; do you have the space to put your feet? That is to say an overhang.

Air conditioners are always a problem if they were ceiling mounted.

Bathrooms almost always have a lower ceiling. You need to pay attention to legroom when sitting down in addition to headroom. The type of shower arrangement may make a differenc, but they can be fixed after purchase.

Pay attention into any obstacles that may find your head. As noted earlier the doorway in Escape 50 -You have to know how to approach it.

I recommend paying attention to upper cabinet doors the ones that flip up; you can live with this, but you just have to remember they have to be close by everyone after you’re done using them.

I’m not sure but I seem to remember that living light had some trailers ahead had higher ceilings.

Good luck
Little Richie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2020, 04:29 PM   #15

Trailer: 1999 Casita 17 ft Spirit Deluxe
Florida
I am only 6'4" but experience has taught me that standing height is not that important. What is far more important is bed length. I also learned that a bigger trailer will not come with a bigger bed. Most manufacturers web sites will have floor plan diagrams that include dimensions.
I found that I simply do not walk around enough that it is a hardship to duck my head under the air conditioner.
Herb Sutton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2020, 08:46 PM   #16

Name: Gordon
Trailer: 2015 Scamp (16 Std Layout 4) with '15 Toyota Sienna LE Tug
North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Richie View Post
I am 6 foot four of the fraction. My wife and I were looking for a trailer I could stand up in. ...
And how much time do you plan to be standing up in the camper?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herb Sutton View Post
I am only 6'4" but experience has taught me that standing height is not that important. What is far more important is bed length. ....
Only 6'4" !!!.... LOL! ... and with a SPOT ON comment.

The point is that a good night's sleep is critical. Make that your priority.
gordon2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2020, 10:47 PM   #17

IL
Little Richie thank you do much for mentioning the many things we should look for and remember. It is all so new. Our neighbor has had a pop up for 30 years and suggested we rent different trailer and see how we like this whole things. That neighbor just retired and upgraded his rig. Thank you again.
Old 12-03-2020, 10:51 PM   #18

IL
herb sutton good point about the bed. Yes that would be important! For 30+ years we have had a California King bed! I do NOT want to crawl him to get out of bed, So I would even consider twin beds, if we had to. Thank you for all your help.
MJS