Need help with Boler trailer - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > Hi, I am....
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 05-07-2018, 07:29 PM   #1

Name: Don
Trailer: Boler
North Dakota
Need help with Boler trailer

I have a Boler trailer that has been in storage at my facility for 9 years. The trailer ID tag indicates it was made in Kansas. The serial number tag is made of aluminum, and barely readable. Can only barely make out 4 numbers, 4189.

Could it mean it was manufactures the 4 month of 1971, and the 89th trailer produced that year.

The owner has passed away and the remaining relatives have no idea where the title is and have no interest in paying the storage bill that is due. However, in order to obtain a title I need to verify this is the complete serial number.

The state of Minnesota doesn’t retain records on vehicles that have not been registered for seven years, there are no license plates on the trailer.

We will be offering the trailer for sale on this site, once we have b en able to obtain a title.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Donald M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 10:53 PM   #2

Name: Steve
Trailer: 1979 Boler1700
Maple Ridge, B.C.
Registry
Our '79 Boler had the aluminum plate as well but also had a sheet glued to the inside of the closet with all the info on it as well as well as all the original accessories it came with.
ststefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2018, 09:16 AM   #3

Name: Dave
Trailer: 13' 1973 Boler - tow/2017 Colorado Crew-Cab
Ontario
Registry
Boler Registration

Our '73 Boler also had the paper sheet fastened to the cupboard door inside, as well as an 'aluminum' plate on the outside hull. But, I could only vaguely discern that the serial number had just 3 digits. Ours was made at Englehart, Ontario. The DMV for Ontario could only register it as 'homemade' since there was no proof that the 3-digit serial number was accurate. But, our 'registration' was taken us through several subsequent trips in the USA and Canada. Ontario TT registration is once only, and for life.
Old 05-10-2018, 07:54 AM   #4

Name: Tim
Trailer: Boler
Alberta
I know some of the Canadian made boler's also had the number stamped into the frame. Not sure the US made ones had this. I was on the angled part posterior to the hitch on the non-door side if memory serves. Might be worth a look with a flashlight as the numbers are subtle.
T
TimR is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
boler