Hey all, I found this little camper trailer for sale
and moved into it 3 days ago! A good friend is graciously providing a yard for a basecamp with access to anything I need in the house. Enjoying figuring out how to make this an efficient and comfortable living environment. It's harder than I expected, but a fun challenge! My goal is to be as self-sufficient as possible once I get all the systems and routines worked out.
A few details so far:
- Cushions: I removed all the cushions in a quest to eliminate all legacy mildew sources. I might try washing them, or make new ones. For now just a few pillows
- Layout: I'm keeping the dinette table down so I have extra storage under it, and setting up the main bed area as an office and lounge. Sitting crosslegged is more comfortable for me anyway.
- Sleep: for now I'm sleeping on the bench in the front so I can leave my office set up. Not the most comfortable, but it might work if I make some adjustments.
- Power: I have an extension cord from the house and it looks like the original circuit breaker and 12v converter.
- Bathroom: using the house bathroom for now. Planning to explore creative solutions after I make some progress improving the rest of the setup.
That's the basic situation so far. I have a lot of kinks to work out and I have a ton of questions, so I'm really happy to find this community!