New and apprehensive 🙃 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > Hi, I am....
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 07-13-2020, 08:09 PM   #1

Name: Yvonne
Trailer: K-Line Mark 1
British Columbia
New and apprehensive 🙃

Good evening,

I have just acquired a K-Line Mark 1! I am thrilled as I've been searching for a Trillium or Boler for some time when this opportunity came up. I saw a few articles on this site and it's a rare trailer for sure. That's where my apprehension comes in. It is in rough shape, aesthetic wise. I notice the similarity between this and the hunter and compact jr. So there is some potential replacement parts out there I guess. It appears to be missing wheel well covers, along with other interior items. Where do I begin my search?
YSTP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2020, 08:22 PM   #2

Trailer: 2009 17 ft Casita Freedom Deluxe
Wheel covers? No big deal. It's completely functional without them. But, you may want them for the original look. The ones on our Campster are missing. It would probably look "cool" with them but not a priority for us. Probably the only way to replace them would be to find someone with the correct ones and make a mold,

As far as interior stuff, it again gets down to how original you want it versus just functionality. Most appliances and fixtures are common across various brands, fiberglass and stick built, so they are readily available if you are flexible.
Dave Fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2020, 08:57 PM   #3

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
The OP said wheel well covers. Does that mean you can see the tires from inside the trailer?
Jon in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2020, 09:15 PM   #4

Name: John
Trailer: 1979 Boler 1700
Michigan
Registry
It appears the K-Line Mark 1 has "wheel well covers" similar to the Boler 17 wheel well covers, i.e., they cover the upper portion of the wheel inset in the body or shell of the trailer similar to some cars in the 1950s and 1960s. Looking at a photo of a K-Line Mark 1, they are fiberglass and attach to the exterior shell of the camper.
John in Michigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2020, 09:16 PM   #5

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
Ah! Got it. Makes more sense actually.
Jon in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2020, 11:18 PM   #6

Name: Mike
Trailer: Escape 21 & Jeep GC 5.7 (Previous 2012 Casita FD17 & 2010 Audi Q5)
Puget Sound, WA
Registry
Interesting.
Attached Thumbnails
K Line.jpg  

Civilguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2020, 09:46 AM   #7

British Columbia
Yes, the tire are fully exposed. It it aesthetic for sure.
Old 07-14-2020, 12:53 PM   #8

Name: Nicolas
Trailer: 1978 Boler
Almonte, Ontario
We’re here to help!

Although the K-line is not a Boler or Trillium, it is a FGRV and this site has a wealth of people to offer advice. Please prepare a list of the items that need addressing, apart from the wheel well covers, and post them so that the people with the expertise can wade in.
Best of luck and welcome.
Nicolas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2020, 10:23 AM   #9

British Columbia
Smile

Thank you all for expressing interest in my intro question. I'm really just testing the waters before I take possession.
Old 07-19-2020, 10:49 AM   #10

Name: bill
Trailer: 2013 Escape 19
The Mountains of North Carolina
Registry
Replacement parts for pretty much ANY of the vintage FG are not available, with a few exceptions. You have to be resourceful, make changes, etc. In the end, there are not many "unique" parts anyway. And new stuff, like interior LED lighting and power control centers are infinitely better than the old stuff anyway.

Make sure the one you are looking at has a good functioning roof lift mechanism.

In "project" condition, its best if you have a covered work area and the spare time necessary to do all the repairs. There is a wealth of information on this forum.
thrifty bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2020, 12:04 PM   #11

Name: Borden and Carole
Trailer: 1978 Earlton Ontario boler
Ontario
Registry
We found a new 42 year old stove online at a place that restores and salvages trailer parts. It even came out of a boler our trailer size. Took a couple of years to find the original type of unit but looks great! Unit from any type of trailer that matched would have worked fine.
The restoration has been part of the adventure fun.
Wish you lots of fun camping.
Old 07-19-2020, 03:03 PM   #12

Name: Bob Ruggles
Trailer: 2015 Escape
Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borden View Post
We found a new 42 year old stove online at a place that restores and salvages trailer parts. It even came out of a boler our trailer size. Took a couple of years to find the original type of unit but looks great! Unit from any type of trailer that matched would have worked fine.

The wheel well covers as referred to in the 1950s were called fender skirts. Often cost extra. I’m
rgrugg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2020, 11:55 AM   #13

Name: Harold
Trailer: 1975 Scamp, 13-foot
Redding, California
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgrugg View Post
The wheel well covers as referred to in the 1950s were called fender skirts. Often cost extra. I’m
You beat me to it:

Fender Skirts!!!
Doctor Harold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2020, 04:05 PM   #14

British Columbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borden View Post
Thanks for the encouragement! What is the name of the parts salvage co?
Old 07-31-2020, 11:32 AM   #15

Name: Linda
Trailer: Scamp 16'
Ontario
Hi Yvonne,
These guys came up on my Facebook feed. I have never dealt with them but they look like they have a lot of parts.
https://youngfartsrvparts.ca/
Scamper Linda is offline   Reply With Quote