New and wanting to learn - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-24-2018, 01:00 PM   #1

Name: Deb
Trailer: ISO RV
Florida
New and wanting to learn

Right now my husband and I are wannabe campers. We are retired and wanting to leave Florida for 4 of the hotter months. At this time we are researching campers and are leaning towards a Lil Snoozy. Hubs is 6’1 so we need one that he can stand up straight in. Our first passion is bicycle riding and are wanting to visit other states/Canada where we can ride in the summer months and into fall. I’m going to sit back and learn from all of you that are living the dream. Deb and Glen
DebA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2018, 01:35 PM   #2

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
Welcome, Deb!

The Lil Snoozy is a great layout for a taller person. The rear entry door and wide aisle means you can carry your bikes inside for security and protection if desired.

One limitation is they are all-electric, no propane system. That means you have to have an electric hook-up to cook, heat, and refrigerate your food. A generator can fill in gaps, but many campgrounds limit the hours generators can be used.

At least one member modified a Lil Snoozy to add a propane cooktop and furnace and a 12VDC fridge with solar for off-grid use. Cost some $$, but ended up with a really nice set-up.

Seems like they have a rather lengthy wait time.
Jon in AZ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2018, 06:05 PM   #3
JBB

Name: Jan
Trailer: 2017 Lil Snoozy
South Carolina
Welcome Deb! As a Lil Snoozy owner I don't have a problem with it being all electric. It keeps things simple! Besides when we ordered ours we had the option of a truck fridge. We didn't do that but there are options available. For boondocking we have a generator and my husband is working on solar for us. Again what we particularily like is the simplicty of the Snoozy. Our other trailer had everything. It had a 3 way Norcold refrigerator and if something went haywire with it, it was going to cost 1500! Our Snoozy refrigerator, well we go to WalMart or Lowes and buy one for 100! The heating/hot water system on our other camper was an Aldi. Very nice, but again if something went wrong there was another 3000-4000 cost. I don't like cooking inside the camper, so I don't miss or need propane in it. I have my outside kitchen which keeps food odors outside, not in the camper. We've had our Snoozy for almost a year and love it! No complaints here!
JBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2018, 12:40 PM   #4

Name: Bob
Trailer: Parkliner 2014
Georgia
I'm 6'2" and checked out a few Casita 17 and Scamp 16 at a rally last year. I think they both models are 6'1.5", regardless of what the published heights say, so they may be worth a look, especially if the Lil Snoozy is on your radar largely because of that. I've been in been in one Lil Snoozy and it is a nice layout that might work well for bikes, plenty of height for me, but Scamp and Casita could really open up the number of trailers yo might be able .

In any event, I'd encourage you to try to attend a rally and get into as many trailers as possible before you make a drive hoping to come home with a specific trailer.
FishingBob is offline   Reply With Quote