New Boler owner - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-20-2021, 12:25 AM   #1

Name: Brad
Trailer: 1976 Boler 17
Alberta
New Boler owner

Hi everyone my wife Ann and myself (Brad) just purchased a 1977 17 ft trailer in need of a lot of work , we are getting to the end of the inside Reno and now I’m focusing on the windows, but don’t even know where to start.in it’s life it has had all replaced with plexiglass,and very poorly siliconed into the frame, what a mess . I need any advice I can get on rebuilding the windows . Can you even get the rubber that holds the glass in anymore or do you have to silicone it back into the frame
Mrwbhall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2021, 06:17 AM   #2

Name: John
Trailer: 1979 Boler 1700
Michigan
Registry
Brad, the Boler 17 window seals / gaskets are still available. See the following thread from a few months ago for details:

EDIT (fixed link):
https://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/...als-92972.html

I recommend you remove all of the windows from the trailer in order to re-apply butyl tape to the back of the window flanges, as this is a common source of leaks.

The 70 feet of 1/8" glass glazing bead (H009-344) around each pane of glass does NOT actually seal the glass, but it covers the sharp edge of the glass, keeps dirt out and helps hold the glass in. What really holds the glass? Where the back edge of the glass pane rests in the frame, either 1/4" wide butyl tape or 1/4" wide polyurethane glazing tape or glazing silicone is applied.

But first the frame must be completely cleaned and all previous sealants removed...

Good luck with your project! You will enjoy the results.
John in Michigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2021, 08:07 AM   #3

Name: Brad
Trailer: 1976 Boler 17
Alberta
Smile Glass glazing bead

Thanks so much John that link just put a huge smile on my face .I had looked and looked and talked to window people here in town and they told me it wasn't available any longer. so again thankyou thankyou thankyou
Mrwbhall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2021, 10:07 AM   #4

Name: John
Trailer: 1979 Boler 1700
Michigan
Registry
oops I posted the wrong link...

just fixed the link above
John in Michigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2021, 07:16 PM   #5

Name: Borden and Carole
Trailer: 1978 Earlton Ontario boler
Ontario
Registry
We re-did ours the local glass place cut the needed replacements panes. They were regular glass with edges rounded and little plastic spacers; just like original. Ours is 1978 with Hehr radius windows but you may have the older Jelousie windows or a mix. Pictures of windows helps.

Tags
boler