New Boler Owners - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-08-2019, 08:48 AM   #1

Name: Steven
Trailer: '79 Boler
on Ontario
Registry
Smile New Boler Owners

Dianne and I are new Boler (1979 Delux) owners. Haven't used it yet as we wanted to take some time to fix/clean-up some things and to get "intimate" with the workings of our camping buddy. Looking forward to our maiden outage.
Attached Images

steve67 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2019, 10:21 AM   #2

Name: Kathleen (Kai: ai as in wait)
Trailer: Amerigo FG-16 1973 "Peanut"
Greater Seattle Metropolitan Area, Washington
Registry
steve67: congratulations! As ever, a Boler is so cute and good looking. The little "marshmallow" trailers we saw as kinds on Oregon highways, always wondering what they were all about. Nice propane tank container on front, good rock shield, and looks complete...Great!

Happy trails when you do go.

BEST
"K"
Old 07-08-2019, 08:53 PM   #3

Name: Peter
Trailer: G30 Elite Class C
British Columbia
I see one very important article that you have

is the roof top ven but you might wanto watch for a good deal on a Fantastic Fan with Forward/Reverse with 3 speeds either way, sure makes for good cooling in the summer months. The box is good to you can store one or 2 Propane tanks there and keep your 12V battery for lights inside the trailer somewhere for safety.
From looking at the interior looks to be in decent shape but never knows that until they have a real close look.
Stude
stude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2019, 09:11 PM   #4

Trailer: 1998 17 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe / Red F150 X-Cab
Too cute! Be sure to share some pictures of the inside when you’re ready!
Lisa M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2019, 08:34 AM   #5

Name: Kathleen (Kai: ai as in wait)
Trailer: Amerigo FG-16 1973 "Peanut"
Greater Seattle Metropolitan Area, Washington
Registry
I don't want the battery inside the trailer. We found the old, maybe original battery spot in the back driver's side pontoon under the bed...the acid seemed to have eaten through the fiberglass. So acid leaks and off-fuming put me off. Not interested in an interior battery.

The batteries were on the tongue by the propane tanks when we got Peanut. Paul chained them to the tongue. Amazing how many people have laughed at us over it. But I suppose a ship's anchor chain might perhaps be a tad bit of overkill.

BEST
"K"

Picture: original boxed-in area for battery...you could see the ground through the hole. Well, you could. Paul repaired that along with all the other breaches in the hull iln 2015/2016.
Attached Thumbnails
1A 7 Batter box area under the concealing material PO added.jpg  
Old 07-09-2019, 10:19 AM   #6

on Ontario
Registry
I don't want the battery inside the trailer.

If you need to place a battery inside be sure to choose an "AGM" (Absorbant Glass Mat) type of battery. They completely self-contained and do not breathe hydrogen or leak acid...i.e. their safe for inside use.
Old 07-10-2019, 06:48 PM   #7

on Ontario
Registry
Yes, it came with just such a fan, plus it's rain sensing. Had one of these in our previous Road Trek. Would camp without one.

Tags
boler