New Burro Owner - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-26-2016, 05:17 PM   #1

Name: Andrew
Trailer: Burro
Idaho
New Burro Owner

Hi All,
I just wanted to introduce myself and my 1978 13' Burro. My late grandfather ordered it (I have the original order form and paperwork) in Minneapolis, and my parents took it over in 1992. I spent my childhood camping in the Burro and I recently got my dad to pass it down to my girlfriend and I. This weekend we got it out to our current home in Sandpoint, ID.
For the most part it's in fantastic condition, always stored indoors except for the summer. I will need to tackle a few small leaks around the roof vent, and the windows probably need to be resealed. The largest of my concerns is the warped door, I currently have a 1" gap in the bottom... I am brainstorming ideas on how to make up that space without re-forming the door. After these critical fixes are done, it's time for more decorative fixes, new cabinet doors, flooring, upholstery, storage, etc.
I look forward to sharing the progress and using this amazing site as a resource. Thanks!!

-Andrew
Attached Thumbnails
1.jpg   2.jpg  

Bryana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2016, 07:16 PM   #2

Trailer: No Trailer Yet (want 13 ft fiber glass
Registry
Andrew, congratulations on your Burro acquisition and plans to keeping it alive. We get to Hope every summer to see friends, so we may bump into you some time.
Dave & Paula
David B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 07:02 AM   #3

Name: Mitzi
Trailer: LilSnoozy 12/01/16, Tug 2012 Dodge Citadel
Florida
Congratulations! Get in touch if you are ever in FL!
Old 04-27-2016, 08:57 AM   #4

Name: Bill
Trailer: Burro 1983 13'
Wisconsin
Congrats. Always nice to see another
Burro being kept alive!
SAVE the BURROS!
Burro Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 09:16 AM   #5

Name: Marcia
Trailer: '00 Burro 17' WB
Seattle, WA
Congratulations on your Burro! What a wonderful legacy to have in the family.
We had to rebuild our Burro door last year due to someone pulling on it and it breaking. It wasn't nearly as hard as we expected. We rebuilt the 2x2" wood frame, kept the foam interior and put on new fg front panel. Assuming your Burro also has a flat door, it shouldn't be hard to do. Good luck.
mglyons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 10:58 AM   #6

Name: kootenai girl
Trailer: 1976 Trillium 1300
British Columbia
What a neat story and very cute Burro.
We come down to Sandpoint periodically so keep our eyes open for a sighting
kootenaigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 12:36 PM   #7

Name: Gregg
Trailer: 1985 Burro 13ft.
Arizona
Smile Long time 82Burro owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryana View Post
Hi All,
I just wanted to introduce myself and my 1978 13' Burro. My late grandfather ordered it (I have the original order form and paperwork) in Minneapolis, and my parents took it over in 1992. I spent my childhood camping in the Burro and I recently got my dad to pass it down to my girlfriend and I. This weekend we got it out to our current home in Sandpoint, ID.
For the most part it's in fantastic condition, always stored indoors except for the summer. I will need to tackle a few small leaks around the roof vent, and the windows probably need to be resealed. The largest of my concerns is the warped door, I currently have a 1" gap in the bottom... I am brainstorming ideas on how to make up that space without re-forming the door. After these critical fixes are done, it's time for more decorative fixes, new cabinet doors, flooring, upholstery, storage, etc.
I look forward to sharing the progress and using this amazing site as a resource. Thanks!!

-Andrew
I'm a twenty plus year proud owner. If ever in the Laughlin Nev. area, be sure to get in touch!!!!!!!!! If you ever score a treasure trove of parts etc. would be a plus.
Gregg Harrison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 07:24 PM   #8

Name: Mike
Trailer: Uhaul
Florida
Registry
Burro

Congrats. this is awesome. Your Burro is a piece of History . take your time with any restoration and do it right the 1st time u will not regret it ask questions best wishes from a new Burro owner
mmHoney is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
burro