New Burro owner - with questions!! - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > Hi, I am....
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 05-27-2013, 08:24 PM   #1

Name: Todd
Trailer: Currently shopping
Montana
New Burro owner - with questions!!

Hi - I am Todd, a new 1978 Burro owner here in Helena, Montana. 1st time camper owner too. The Burro needs lots of work - so I have a few starter ?s for you.

1) The upper door doesn't seal against the camper, there is no rubber seal. So thats one thing I need to fix, however the gap is large (can slide my fingers thru it. The door may be warped at the top. Any suggestions on where to start?

2) Here is the electric layout. The Burro has a 220 cord that connects to a hook up. With a 110 adapter that comes into the camper to a two prong box that works (not three). That also feeds a light above the sink that works. It has an old breaker box in the cabinet below the sink. It has a 4 prong connection to the camper from the car. None of the tail lights or side lights work. I am going to take it in to have the electrical checked out and fixed.

Any suggestions from you all about a standard (updated) electrical set up I should consider if I get the Burro rewired vs. just fixed?

3) What is best re: posting these types of questions on the Forums - should I post under "Problem solving" or directly under "Burro"?

4) Can you recommend sites that sell parts for these types of FG campers?

Thanks a bunch!!

Todd
Bigsky1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 08:59 PM   #2

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Hi Todd, to FiberglassRV, we're glad you're here

Lots of Burro owners here on the forums and will have all kinds of suggestions for you.

I'd suggest posting one problem per post in the Problem Solving forum. That way replies don't get all tangled up.

Everything except the body and frame are pretty much generic items to these all molded towables, rather than trailer brand specific. Lots of place on the WWW to purchase what you need, or perhaps you'll find items locally and save S&H.

Have any pictures to share?
Donna D. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 11:48 AM   #3

Name: Todd
Trailer: Currently shopping
Montana
thank you.

Thanks Donna - I will post some pics shortly.

We took the Burro out this weekend for a quick trip and it was great. A few steps up from sleeping in a tent in the rain
Bigsky1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 06:07 PM   #4

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigsky1 View Post
A few steps up from sleeping in a tent in the rain
Yeppers and isn't it GRAND
Donna D. is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
burro