New Casit Spirit 17 Deluxe - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > Hi, I am....
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 05-11-2023, 02:12 PM   #1

Name: George
Trailer: Casita
North Carolina
New Casit Spirit 17 Deluxe

We just took delivery on a 2023 Spirit Deluxe. Great camper for us (upgraded from an 2013 Aliner Ranger).

Our first trip was from NC to Grand Canyon, Zion, etc. That is a beautiful part of the world.

However, on the way out a delivery van lost control in the wind in Oklahoma on I-40 and sideswiped our new 4Runner and camper. No one was hurt, and miraculously we were able to continue the trip after a quick visit to Toyota.

I need to find a reliable RV service center that can make some cosmetic repairs and verify that the frame/axle were not damaged (I think all is OK, but it needs to be looked at from underneath).

If anyone knows of a good Casita or fiberglass RV repair shop in or around Charlotte NC (or anywhere in NC or SC), I would appreciate the info.

Thanks!
George
gmcoopiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2023, 03:46 PM   #2

Name: Catherine
Trailer: newly acquired owner of new to me 2015 13' Scamp standard with bathroom
Florida
I don’t know if they are still in business but in 2017 I used this company to fix an AC problem on my Scamp. I was in western NC and I believe they were out of Asheville area. They were fantastic to work with and very familiar with fiberglass trailers.

(828) 702-3062
MOBILE RV REPAIR
We keep you camping..
KeepCampingRVRepair.com
We come to you and make RV repairs so you can Keep Camping!
- Over 20 Years Service Experience -
- Veteran Owned & Operated -
- Military / Veteran Discount -
"Ask About Our Exclusive
No Hassle Annual Service Memberships'
Call Today & Keep Camping
(828) 702-3062
cwallace fl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2023, 07:41 AM   #3

North Carolina
Thanks for the information!
Old 05-12-2023, 01:59 PM   #4

Trailer: 2008 Casita 17 ft Spirit Deluxe
Registry
Sorry to hear about your unfortunate encounter with bad luck. And a brand new Casita no less! Being from the west coast, I can't offer you much but sympathy on your way back to NC, but if you aren't already a member, I would recommend joining the Casita Travel Trailer Forum. It's free, but you do have to register with webmaster Gene to participate. Lots of great information and there are members from all over the country who can give you a lot of helpful advice. A good forum, especially now that you have a Casita.

https://www.casitaforum.com/invboard/forums/
Casita Greg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2023, 02:14 PM   #5

North Carolina
Thanks for the info. I have registered and am awaiting approval. Looks like a great site.
Old 05-17-2023, 10:13 AM   #6

Trailer: 17 ft Casita
Fiberglass repair

I’m not sure about the undercarriage but here in florida many fiberglass camper owners have the shell repairs done at marine centers. They are the experts in fiberglass maintenance and repairs.
kate raslavsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2023, 10:29 AM   #7

Name: Robert
Trailer: 2015 Casita Spirit Deluxe
Illinois
Hi George
Met you in rv Park near Zion NP a few days after the accident. We in Casita next to you. No recommendations, but glad you made it back to NC without incident. Good luck and safe travels.

Bob
BobDewey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2023, 12:43 PM   #8

North Carolina
Hi Bob,
Great to hear from you. Thanks for the good advice in Zion. We had a wonderful trip. 6 national parks and more(stopped to see some friends and family on the way back).

I found a local collision center that specializes in Rv fiberglass repair.
Will let you know how it goes and post a recommendation after the repair in mid-june.
Old 05-20-2023, 12:44 PM   #9

North Carolina
Thanks!

Tags
casita