New Comer with a '71 Hunter Compact Jr - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-31-2023, 10:04 PM   #1

Name: Lance
Trailer: Currently shopping
OR
New Comer with a '71 Hunter Compact Jr

Hello I am a newbie, I am in the process of buying a 1971 Hunter Compact Jr. Excited to get it and start working on it. It is a project for sure but with all the great info on here I have a lot of ideas for it!!
Attached Thumbnails
Hunter Compact photo 1.jpg   Hunter Compact photo 2.jpg  

Lance G74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2023, 07:12 AM   #2

Name: Brian
Trailer: '73 & '74 Hunter
Oklahoma
Registry
Hi Lance. That's a great find and I think you're going to enjoy it. Does your camper have a manufacturer's plate located to the left of the bottom of your door? If so, I'd be interested to know the month and year of manufacture and the serial number.
Brian G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2023, 01:23 PM   #3

OR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian G. View Post
Hi Lance. That's a great find and I think you're going to enjoy it. Does your camper have a manufacturer's plate located to the left of the bottom of your door? If so, I'd be interested to know the month and year of manufacture and the serial number.
Brian, I will let you know for sure once I go pick it up. So far I am just going off pictures for the purchase and one is not pictured that I can see. I will finalize the deal and pick it up next week, if I find the plate I will let you know.
Old 04-04-2023, 05:16 PM   #4

Name: Genny
Trailer: Hunter Compact Jr.
CA
Talking I Must Be Nuts!

Hi Lance, I am also a newbie and am picking up a shell only (no frame) for a 71 Hunter Compact Jr. this weekend (renting a flatbed trailer to haul it home). I'll have to scout around for an appropriate size trailer to mount it on (or have one built) and find windows and fabricate a new size door since a PO gutted and modified it. You'll probably be ahead of me on your build so I'm looking forward to see what you will be doing to yours. I'm also currently working on restoring a '62 Aristocrat Lil Loafer non-fiberglass camper, so I have more than plenty enough to keep me busy for awhile!
Genny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2023, 08:49 PM   #5

OR
Nice Congrats on your find! excited to see your new find and follow along as we both rebuild our finds! Luckily the seller of mine has already sandblasted and repainted the frame on mine, but I will expect to have it strengthened up a bit as I see many people have had done!!
Old 04-04-2023, 10:11 PM   #6

Name: Genny
Trailer: Hunter Compact Jr.
CA
Lance--I'll have to wait til I get the trailer to send pics--the seller removed the listing from FB marketplace. It's blue though, think she will be named Blue Belle.
Genny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2023, 12:46 PM   #7

OR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lance G74 View Post
Brian, I will let you know for sure once I go pick it up. So far I am just going off pictures for the purchase and one is not pictured that I can see. I will finalize the deal and pick it up next week, if I find the plate I will let you know.

Here you go Brian….I was worried because the trailer was stripped but I found all the plates in a tub inside the trailer…Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1615.JPG
Views:	6
Size:	340.0 KB
ID:	148863

« New Member | Newbie »