New empty nesters - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-21-2015, 11:39 AM   #1

Name: Celine
Trailer: 1977 Trillium
Ontario
New empty nesters

Hi, Celine here. My husband and I have just entered a new phase in our lives and decided to buy a 1977 Trillium Outback to have some fun with. He's just on his way home with it now. Looking forward to setting it up and having some adventures!
lovebug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2015, 12:08 PM   #2

Trailer: Class A Motorhome
Welcome to the group Celine. I sounds like you are getting ready for that new adventure inn great style.

Just for starters, and there will be lots of suggestions as well as answers to your questions:

1. Get the age dates on the tires checked, regardless of how they look, anything close to or over 7 years old should be replaced.

2. And also have the wheel hubs pulled and have the wheel bearings checked, repacked and new seals installed.

All to often these items are overlooked or ignored for years, leading to new owners having problems on a first trip out.

Don't worry, there will be more "Lists" forthcoming....

Good Luck with your New-to-You Trillium.

Bob Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2015, 12:13 PM   #3

Name: Dave W
Trailer: Trillium 4500 - 1976, 1978, 1979, 1300 - 1977, and a 1973
Alberta
Registry
Welcome Celine!

Ummm.... Not splitting hairs, or anything. A Trillium / Outback was not manufactured in 1977. I suspect you are talking about a Trillium. Or as I call them, a classic Trillium.

Trillium / Outback still make a 13' Trillium like trailer. I have been a customer of theirs for repairs to my classic Trillium trailer. They have the shell moulds that Trillium used to use, and some of their own for the interior furnishings:
Compact lightweight fiberglass Outback travel trailers Calgary | Trillium Trailers

Your 1977 will have windows on the front and back that open. Not so Trillium / Outback. Also your windows will be a jalousie style, as opposed to the sliders on Trillium / Outback. The colour of your trailer will be either green, or more likely for a 1977, colonial white, (yellowy white), Trillium / Outbacks are predominantly white, with graphic stickers.

Not a big deal, just thought you should know.
David Tilston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2015, 12:24 PM   #4

Name: Norm and Ginny
Trailer: Scamp 16
Florida
Empty Nesters.

This is really a big deal. I can remember when our children left, definitely a few tears, both sadness and joy. We've been in that state for about 25 years, 15 on the road.

For us it was returning to 16, dating again.

Oh sure they'll be back, our youngest son is with us with his wife for a month while their house is being made ready. This return time is like a happy vacation together. In general we're happy to see them creating their life while we're off enjoying ours. Interestingly they're happy we're off trying to reach the state we're in, freely enjoying each other and our travels. The empty nest phase has been wonderful.

Wishing you well.

2014 Honda Odyssey
1991 Scamp 16
honda03842 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2015, 04:35 PM   #5

Ontario
Hmmm...still very new at this. The ad said Trillium Outback but when I look at the specs on the paper inside the closet door it says Trillium 4500; no Outback. Thanks for the heads up.

And thanks for all the words of welcome.
Old 08-21-2015, 04:39 PM   #6

Ontario
And thanks Bob Miller. Keep the lists coming, I'm going to need all the help I can get.
Old 08-22-2015, 07:10 AM   #7

Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by honda03842 View Post
Empty Nesters.

This is really a big deal. I can remember when our children left, definitely a few tears, both sadness and joy. We've been in that state for about 25 years, 15 on the road.

For us it was returning to 16, dating again.

Oh sure they'll be back, our youngest son is with us with his wife for a month while their house is being made ready. This return time is like a happy vacation together. In general we're happy to see them creating their life while we're off enjoying ours. Interestingly they're happy we're off trying to reach the state we're in, freely enjoying each other and our travels. The empty nest phase has been wonderful.

Wishing you well.
Thanks Norm and Ginny. We're pretty excited.
Old 08-22-2015, 09:52 AM   #8

Name: George
Trailer: Trillium
Ontario
Registry
Hi Celine,
welcome to the club, I also own a 1978 T4500, live in Toronto and would love to see some pix of your new trailer. Good luck and have fun, G
jokra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2015, 11:24 AM   #9

Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by jokra View Post
Hi Celine,
welcome to the club, I also own a 1978 T4500, live in Toronto and would love to see some pix of your new trailer. Good luck and have fun, G
Thanks! I'm in the process of cleaning it and repairing a few holes but as soon as it's presentable I'll post a few pics.
Old 08-28-2015, 11:33 AM   #10

Name: Martin
Trailer: Boler
Ontario
Greetings and welcome. Plenty of FGRV fans from Toronto area it seems.

Sent from my iPhone using Fiberglass RV
Raff is offline   Reply With Quote