New fiberglass trailer dealers? - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-23-2020, 06:19 PM   #21

Name: John
Trailer: Roamer 1
Smith Valley, Nevada
Bruce,

Oliver, in Tennessee, makes beautiful trailers with twin beds. They are shut just now because of the virus, but very much still in business. You might find one out west in the classifieds. In fact, I know of a very nice twin bed one for sale near Salt Lake.

Go to their website and check them out.
Old 04-23-2020, 08:08 PM   #22

Name: Tom
Trailer: BigFoot 25B25RT
Massachusetts
Wow I didn't think my little comment would get this much action. To elaborate a little more I guess she had a shipment stopped for various inspections and after a few tries they decided to wait. Maybe RVs aren't considered necessary commerce.

On another note she told me they closed the gates the day after I left. So I guess I got out of Dodge just in time.
ThomasC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2020, 11:52 PM   #23

Name: Kelly
Trailer: Trails West
Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasC View Post
I talked to the lady at Trailer World in Denver yesterday and for what it is worth she said the border is closed.
Likely that person saw a segment about the border being close on the news and assumed extended to everything rather than listening carefully or doing further reading on the subject to gain a complete understanding of it.
k corbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2020, 11:57 PM   #24

Trailer: Escape 17 ft
As I said way back in this thread, and posted the information I found, it's best to get information from the source - Canada Border Services or in your case whatever US Border Services is called.
Not sure why you want to post misinformation and attempt to support it with what some random person told you.
Old 04-24-2020, 06:45 AM   #25

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0293.JPG
Views:	10
Size:	103.6 KB
ID:	134122
Jon in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2020, 08:27 AM   #26

Name: Tom
Trailer: BigFoot 25B25RT
Massachusetts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn Baglo View Post
A
Not sure why you want to post misinformation and attempt to support it with what some random person told you.
Oh Glen,, this was not some random person. This is the Bigfoot dealer in Denver. I was just repeating what she told me and since they have skin in the game so to speak their experience might have some weight.

I suspect That things at the border have gotten a little sticky in the past few years and I'm sure the past couple of months have not made anything better.
ThomasC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2020, 09:03 AM   #27

Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
I think we’re talking in circles because Escape and Bigfoot are two different companies with different distribution models.

Escape sells built-to-order trailers direct from the factory (pending opening of a factory-owned distribution center in Texas). Deliveries to US buyers (of trailers ordered many months ago) are apparently still happening at the border. New Escape orders now are probably for fall/winter delivery.

BIgfoot sells through US dealers, and it seems one is experiencing delays in shipments at the border. I think it’s more likely due to limited staffing, inspectors being reassigned to other duties, and/or getting bumped by high priority shipments than any specific restriction on RV imports. Both nations have an interest and stated commitment to maintaining cross-border commerce.

In terms of shopping for a new trailer now, patience is needed. While it is theoretically possible to buy a new BIgfoot from inventory or to place a factory order for a new Escape or Oliver, the all-important firsthand inspection of a demo unit is nearly impossible right now. On the other hand it’s a great time to do online research, talk to sales representatives, and generate your short list.
Jon in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2020, 09:47 AM   #28

Trailer: Escape 21C
New York
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bennett View Post
Escape is still doing trailer exports to the US at Sumas. No orientation, but they will still make sure your hitch is set up properly. This is a business transaction and not recreation at this point, so is acceptable.
While Escape is still selling & delivering trailers, parts may be a problem. I ordered a replacement drawer, and Dustin told me it would be shipped "as soon as allowed".
Jon Vermilye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2020, 11:03 AM   #29

Trailer: 2009 19 ft Escape / 2009 Honda Pilot
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Vermilye View Post
While Escape is still selling & delivering trailers, parts may be a problem. I ordered a replacement drawer, and Dustin told me it would be shipped "as soon as allowed".
Seems it would be a safe business related transaction, though I have hit a couple of US companies that won't ship many non - urgent things.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2020, 06:03 AM   #30

Name: Lynn
Trailer: Parkliner 2018
Manitoba
Quote:
Originally Posted by frank_a View Post
Is Parkliner still in business?
Parkliner has been bought by Trillium Trailers in Calgary Alberta The new name is “Outback Elite.“
They will be starting production this year but there have been some challenges in the material supply chain due to Covid. But they are resilient and plans are a go.. ! ‘
bozlouie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2020, 08:49 AM   #31

Name: Jack
Trailer: Casita Liberty
Virginia
Thanks good to know.
jgilliam1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2020, 03:17 PM   #32

Name: Martin
Trailer: Trillium 13. boler 13.
British Columbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1200bruce View Post
What companies still make fiberglass trailers that are still in business.
And I really like the idea of two twin beds.
Thanks!
20201219_115204.jpg202012120201219_115235.jpg9_115225.jpg

Armadillo Trailers all ready for their new owners. In Armstrong BC
Attached Thumbnails
20201219_115204.jpg   20201219_115225.jpg  

20201219_115235.jpg  
Martin.P is offline   Reply With Quote