New from NJ - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-16-2011, 07:12 AM   #1

Name: Jerry
Trailer: '10 Casita LS 17'
New Jersey
New from NJ

Hi All
Jerryg checking in from the Garden State. Purchased our Casita last summer, travel some ten thousand miles since purchase about forty fun filled nights and love this forum!
Jerryg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 07:30 AM   #2

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Welcome to FiberglassRV Jerry. If you've been lurking for a while, you know we love pictures. Any of your past travels you'd like to share with the rest of us? Winter weather and all some of us are living vicariously
Donna D. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 08:15 AM   #3

New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
Welcome to FiberglassRV Jerry. If you've been lurking for a while, you know we love pictures. Any of your past travels you'd like to share with the rest of us? Winter weather and all some of us are living vicariously
Donna
Some images of the Big Trip but lack skills to post same?
Sorry
Jerryg
Old 01-16-2011, 08:26 AM   #4

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Hi again Jerry. A while back I posted some info you may find helpful... with screen shots. Click here and give it a second to load: Picture posting help by Donna D. Let me know if you run into problems, I'd be glad to help.

Looking forward too to seeing your pics!
Donna D. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 08:42 AM   #5

Trailer: 19 ft Scamp (Egg Salad Annie)
Registry
Quote:
Hi again Jerry. A while back I posted some info you may find helpful... with screen shots. Click here and give it a second to load: Picture posting help by Donna D. Let me know if you run into problems, I'd be glad to help.

Pictures Pictures WE Love Pictures//// Welcome
Taylor Kissinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 09:13 AM   #6

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Welcome, my wife and I bought our casita this fall and live in the garden state. Can't wait to really use it.

Check out the Pocono Eggfest in July.

Maybe sometime we can meet up for a camp trip.

Don, Brenda, Macey
Don W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 10:21 AM   #7

New Jersey
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don W. View Post
Welcome, my wife and I bought our casita this fall and live in the garden state. Can't wait to really use it.

Check out the Pocono Eggfest in July.

Maybe sometime we can meet up for a camp trip.

Don, Brenda, Macey
Don
We're at exit#14a?
Where ya bee's!

I am planning to attend the July Eggfest!
Old 01-16-2011, 10:23 AM   #8

New Jersey
Quote:

Donna,
Winter is making a true presence here so any day now I'm ready to hibernate and stay inside some. That's when I can start messing with images some. Thanks for the offer of tutoring!
Old 01-16-2011, 07:18 PM   #9

Trailer: 16 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe
Welcome Jerryg....
We're also from the Garden State (Keasbey section of Woodbridge)... Worked Down Neck in Newark off Raymond Blvd for a long time for a rigging outfit there..... been all over your area and if you need to get out to camp you could just shoot over to exit 14B to Liberty State Park LOL... Living out in Pa now but i had many good times out in your area. We will also be out to the Eggfest in July..... See ya there.
Joe/Lin
Joe Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 07:20 AM   #10

We are down at exit 5..burlington
Old 01-17-2011, 09:56 AM   #11

New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Z View Post
Welcome Jerryg....
We're also from the Garden State (Keasbey section of Woodbridge)... Worked Down Neck in Newark off Raymond Blvd for a long time for a rigging outfit there..... been all over your area and if you need to get out to camp you could just shoot over to exit 14B to Liberty State Park LOL... Living out in Pa now but i had many good times out in your area. We will also be out to the Eggfest in July..... See ya there.
Joe/Lin
If its been a while since ya came down this way ya might be surprised especially around Liberty State Park area of JC and most of Newark. Both still have some key social problems but they are crawling back up from the abysis.

We are going to the Pocono thing I know you know that. We will be on site 139 and hope to share some time together with you and the other Eggsters. Im guessing this is a new event? There are a few Casita people from our general area perhaps more will come if they know of the event.

jerryg & Ann
Bayonne 4 now, NJ
Old 01-17-2011, 06:22 PM   #12

Jerryg
Left that job in "Down Neck" about 1985 and it was starting to change then.... (Recently retired )
This rally should be a lot of fun and that area where it will be held is really nice and scenic....We'll be in site 130 and can't wait as this will be our first rally.
Joe
Old 01-17-2011, 06:58 PM   #13

New Jersey
Quote:
We are down at exit 5..burlington
Don,
If your not coming already? Can we intake you into coming to the July Eggfest?
Just cross the river and head up the PA Pike Ext? Shaping up to a real
eggciting weekend! Oops I make a yoke?
Old 01-17-2011, 07:03 PM   #14

New Jersey
Quote:
Jerryg
Left that job in "Down Neck" about 1985 and it was starting to change then.... (Recently retired )
This rally should be a lot of fun and that area where it will be held is really nice and scenic....We'll be in site 130 and can't wait as this will be our first rally.
Joe
Joe,
I'm guessing we cannot be forty minutes from the Delaware Water Gap?
The group seems friendly, the CG staff are nice, and they have a pool.
I'm looking forward to seeing the other brands of eggs from those other hen houses. Fiberglass the other white meat!
Old 01-17-2011, 07:24 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerryg View Post
Joe,
I'm guessing we cannot be forty minutes from the Delaware Water Gap?
The group seems friendly, the CG staff are nice, and they have a pool.
I'm looking forward to seeing the other brands of eggs from those other hen houses. Fiberglass the other white meat!
For you running out 78W to 287N to 80W is about 85 miles or roughly 1-1/2 hours.... maybe a little more if Jersey traffic shows as it will be weekend and the water gap bridge backs up..... I'd give myself two hours for a fuel/rest break. You could always run up to I-80 but that would be just a tad longer.
Joe
Old 01-17-2011, 07:34 PM   #16

New Jersey
Quote:
For you running out 78W to 287N to 80W is about 85 miles or roughly 1-1/2 hours.... maybe a little more if Jersey traffic shows as it will be weekend and the water gap bridge backs up..... I'd give myself two hours for a fuel/rest break. You could always run up to I-80 but that would be just a tad longer.
Joe
Actually it's worse then that? Given the storage rates in our world, we store our egg in AC. Now it's an hour or more to pick it up, and then we go almost the length of the state and then we hit I-80. I'm thinking I'll do what I suggested Don do? Cross the Delaware and come up the extension? I've done that with the teardrop.

Now the really bad news, left alone our egg has gotten a gambling problem, being so close to those pesky slots and all !
Oops I make another yoke!
Old 01-17-2011, 07:48 PM   #17

From AC run out the AC Expwy to the NJTP up to exit 6 then run west into pa and then grab I-476 N to 78E to 33N to 80E into stroudsburg....152 miles which is about three hours from AC..... it's a nice ride without too much traffic.
Joe

I have a friend in Old Bridge NJ (exit 11 NJTP) who owns a camper storage yard and may have room if your interested.
Old 01-17-2011, 08:02 PM   #18

New Jersey
Quote:
From AC run out the AC Expwy to the NJTP up to exit 6 then run west into pa and then grab I-476 N to 78E to 33N to 80E into stroudsburg....152 miles which is about three hours from AC..... it's a nice ride without too much traffic.
Joe

I have a friend in Old Bridge NJ (exit 11 NJTP) who owns a camper storage yard and may have room if your interested.
Thanks for the info, it may come in handy. Right now I have a very good deal and we are planning an intervention this spring!
Old 01-18-2011, 08:30 PM   #19

Hey Jerry,

I prodded on this forum about an eggfest up here and cpcharley took off with it. I have been helping a bit as I have time. I am all set and booked and can't wait to attend. we have only been able to camp in our egg in the backyard as we got it late october/november. I have some contacts at the pocono environmental ed center and hope they could do a little program for us that weekend. the area is amazing and really beautiful. Hopefully maybe we can meet up before, like in the spring when our eggs gotta hatch out of hibernation....
Old 01-19-2011, 08:04 AM   #20

New Jersey
Quote:
Hey Jerry,

I prodded on this forum about an eggfest up here and cpcharley took off with it. I have been helping a bit as I have time. I am all set and booked and can't wait to attend. we have only been able to camp in our egg in the backyard as we got it late october/november. I have some contacts at the pocono environmental ed center and hope they could do a little program for us that weekend. the area is amazing and really beautiful. Hopefully maybe we can meet up before, like in the spring when our eggs gotta hatch out of hibernation....
Mr Don,
we too purchased campers at seasons end and then waited, and waited, although this season has been a Winta to remember for snow fall thus far!

As far as meet ups go, ie "Eggfest" and the like, there usually very nice affairs and most everyone shares a common interest. as best as I can tell the large gatherings out west all started with small groups. We are off to a great start with nearly a dozen five months out. We are looking forward to meeting everyone and theirs Eggs.