New guy, old trailer - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-03-2011, 04:33 PM   #1

Name: Roger
Trailer: 1979 Trillium Jubilee
New York
New guy, old trailer

Hi all. I found this site searching for info on the new-to-me, but old (1979) Trillium Jubilee camper we just purchased. It's well worn, but appears to be fully functional and leak free. Wife is in the process of sewing new covers for the original seat cushions, which are in poor shape due to age.

I've cleaned and tested the fridge, stove and furnace. I rebuilt the sink pump (gummed up) and flushed out the water tank. I put a spare tire carrier on the back, complete with a cover. I bought some new leveling jacks and am in the process of installing them on the back. The previous owner had put up some pretty cheesy battery powered lights in the dinette area, which I removed; those are to be replaced with LED puck lights. Future plans include redoing the worn vinyl flooring.

On a whim, I bought a pair of hubcaps from a 1962 Ford Falcon to dress it up a bit. I think they'll do nicely. Wife approves, too - always a bonus!

First trip is to be in about a week, to a private campground that we've been going to every summer for the past 27 years. Wife was gtting tired of sleeping on the ground, so I started looking at pop-ups. This one happend to show up (craigslist), so I took a look. Price was right, and I jumped.

I'm a mechanical designer by trade, and work for a company making lenses for solar applications. I'm a tinker by nature; the type to take things apart to see how they work or to rebuild them.
rleete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 05:35 PM   #2

Name: Josie&Craig
Trailer: Escape 21
South Carolina
Registry
Welcome to the world of fibreglas trailering and no more sleeping on the ground (always a plus to my old bones.)

While Mr. 2yax and I are relatively new owners of a gently used 16' Scamp, Trilliums are cute little trailers....we saw one a couple of months ago that has been on the road since the 70's and owned by various members of the same family for the whole time. It's a bit weary, but apparently still sound.

Enjoy!!!

Mrs. 2yax.

"Not all those who wander are lost." (J.R.R. Tolkein from Lord of the Rings..."Strider's Poem")
2yax2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 05:43 PM   #3

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Welcome Roger and wife to FiberglassRV, we're glad you found us! Please post pictures of your camping trip, we'd all love to meetcha!

Donna D. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 06:48 PM   #4

Name: Francesca Knowles
Trailer: '78 Trillium 4500
Jefferson County, Washington State, U.S.A.
Registry
Hi, Roger, and

I was looking for a popup when I stumbled on my Trillium, too!
In my case I wanted something I could take my old Mother comfortably camping in.
I didn't think my Kia could tow a standy-uppy trailer until I got a look at a Scamp weight sticker in a parking lot one day.
I was literally on the brink of buying a brand new Scamp when my husband came home from work and said that one of the guys had a "plastic" trailer he'd been trying to sell for a while.
He let me have it for $1400.00- $1.00 a pound, I always tell people.
That was five years ago and I'm just as happy with it today as I was then.
Maybe even more so, with all the "customizing"- not to mention memories- it now contains.
I hope you'll be just as pleased with your Jubilee.
Please do post some pictures of it...

Francesca
Francesca Knowles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 07:56 PM   #5

Name: Roger
Trailer: 1979 Trillium Jubilee
New York
Thanks for the welcome. I'l try to remember to take some pics this weekend before we pack.
rleete is offline   Reply With Quote