New here, lots of questions! - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > Hi, I am....
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 06-02-2016, 06:14 PM   #1

Name: Ron
Trailer: Coleman
Washington
New here, lots of questions!

Hi everyone,

Ron in Wenatchee WA. here trying to find our own slice of camping heaven. I am researching all of the makes and models listed in this forum, but am generally looking for:

Probably 15-18', as long as it sleeps 4. For example the Escape 17B looks great, but only sleeps 3. The Parkliner looks to sleep 4 with the bunk option, which would work. Those are East Coast though mainly? I'm in WA State, so maybe other brands are more available around here? I'm not stuck on the length, it just needs to meet our family of four in terms of sleeping, with a bit of space for storage. We generally pack very light and minimal.

I'm looking for previously owned, but in great condition. I would buy anything from a 2016 back 10 years or so, depending. Price isn't fixed, it's more about the right trailer to me. That said, $20,000 would be stretching it and I hope I don't need to spend that much!

Makes- the Escape brand looks neat and fairly local. Bigfoot might be an option, but I'm not familiar with their floor plans yet. I saw an Escape 15 that looked super cool, but couldn't find any info on floorplans in that model.

I see a few folks from WA State on here, so if anyone knows of a trailer that might fit our needs let me know! Our TV is a 2006 Tundra, tow capacity is plenty for probably any of these with room to spare.

Thank you, and I look forward to any input/ advice on makes/ models to search for.

Ron
Ronsnyder1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2016, 09:03 PM   #2

Name: Jim
Trailer: Casita
California
Meetups

Hello,
We were recently trying to decide between a Scamp or a Casita and attended Scamp Camp West in Gold Country California. Everyone was happy to show their eggs and mods and it was a blast. I see there is a meetup in Taidnapam park in WA this weekend, maybe it's close enough to check out. Look at forums Rallies and there is a map that links to info.

Good luck
Jamesoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2016, 09:14 PM   #3

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
The Escape 17B has a bunk option for the front dinette to sleep 4. Your chances of finding a used one are slim, but keep an eye out on the Escape forum- they tend to show up there first. I did see one for sale here a while back. It didn't last long!
Jon in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2016, 10:00 PM   #4

Washington
Thank you Jim! I'll look that up and see where this is exactly. That would be fun and very helpful I'm sure.
Old 06-02-2016, 10:02 PM   #5

Washington
Thank you Jon. I didn't know that yet about the 17B, so I'll keep an eye out for one, o win the lotto and order one!
Old 06-04-2016, 06:41 AM   #6

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
Just a thought... You might call Escape and ask whether the bunk can be retrofitted and how much it would cost. You're not far away, and that would open up possibilities. There's an Escape 17B for sale now in your state. It doesn't have the bunk, but perhaps it could be added.
Jon in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2016, 09:35 AM   #7

Trailer: 13 ft Scamp
Fyi
There is an escape listed today in classifieds located in Seattle wa

Sent from my iPhone using Fiberglass RV
alan H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2016, 12:26 PM   #8

Name: P
Trailer: Casita
Washington
Taidnapam is about a 5 hour drive from Wenatchee. It is about 2 hours west of Yakima on highway 12--turn off before Morton. White Pass is a pretty drive and you can return by going over Chinook Pass.

I'm thinking there is a gathering there next weekend also? It sounds like it got kind of confusing this year.

Since I live close by, I might leave my cool house and venture down there some time today or this evening. It is already 85 on the shady side of the house!
slowpat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2016, 08:21 PM   #9

Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by alan H View Post
Fyi

Thanks for the heads up! This gets a bit crazy keeping track of Craigslist, FGRV, and the other forums classifieds. But it's part of the fun I guess also, tracking down "the one".
Old 06-04-2016, 09:44 PM   #10

Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by alan H View Post
Fyi

Alan,

Was that Escape listed in the Seattle papers classified, or here on FGRV? I didn't see it here, although there is a 17B listed here that has been up for a few days.

Thanks!