New here, new to FG RV’s - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > Hi, I am....
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 07-19-2022, 09:08 PM   #1

Name: Dave
Trailer: Sportsmen by KZ. Shopping for Escape 21C or similar.
California
New here, new to FG RV’s

Hi everyone,
My wife and I have a 2001 Sportsmen by KZ (2505QS). LOTS of miles and GREAT memories with the fam (4 kids), including a 3-month cross country trek in 2002 (San Jose to the east coast and back - 80 nights of bliss-literally).

Now that the kids are grown, it’s time for us to downsize.

We recently saw an Escape 21C, and it really felt great.

Not ready for a new unit at this time, but used 21C would be great!

Or, does anyone have another recommendation?

Thanks so much for any assistance you can provide. Happy to be part of this community!

Dave
DaveJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2022, 11:32 PM   #2

Trailer: Bigfoot 19 ft
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveJ View Post
Hi everyone,
My wife and I have a 2001 Sportsmen by KZ (2505QS). LOTS of miles and GREAT memories with the fam (4 kids), including a 3-month cross country trek in 2002 (San Jose to the east coast and back - 80 nights of bliss-literally).

Now that the kids are grown, it’s time for us to downsize.

We recently saw an Escape 21C, and it really felt great.

Not ready for a new unit at this time, but used 21C would be great!

Or, does anyone have another recommendation?

Thanks so much for any assistance you can provide. Happy to be part of this community!

Dave
Welcome Dave.

You should attend some Fiberglass rallies. IF YOU LOOK AT THE MIDDLE, RIGHT SECTION OF THE FORUM PAGE, YOU’ll FIND A LIST OF UPCOMING EVENTS.

There’s one in September in Northern Oregon. There should be something in Southern CAL in late October. It’s a good way to see other trailers and talk to owners about their rigs.

The nice thing about fiberglass trailers: they are well built and you could get a older (vintage) trailer that is quit sound. So, it’s worth researching various trailers.

Hopefully you’ll be initiating your search at a perfect time. The cost of fiberglass trailers went through the roof over the past 18 months. It was really hard to find a trailer for sale. Escape had a multi year waiting list. But trailers are coming back on the market. Increased availability of used trailers should bring the price down.

So, best of luck! Enjoy the forum
Old 07-20-2022, 12:12 AM   #3

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
Welcome! Around these parts, the Escape 21C is a popular trade-up trailer from typically smaller molded offerings. It’s a good choice for longer trips.

As said there are lots of choices, though I can’t think of anything that competes directly in terms of size, weight, and price. Bigfoot’s 21’ offers a dry bath versus Escape’s wet bath, but it’s a wider, heavier, and more expensive four season unit. It's been around longer, so you may run across more used B21s.

Used Escape 21’s are scarce, and you’ll need to move quickly if you see one. You might want to join the Escape forum. Some sell there without being listed anywhere else.
Jon in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2022, 05:39 AM   #4

Name: Walter
Trailer: 2017 Escape 17B
SW Virginia
The only competitor of the 21c I know of would be a similar length Bigfoot which is likely quite a bit heavier.

Walt
Old 07-20-2022, 09:28 AM   #5

Name: Jerrybob
Trailer: casita
Washington
Welcome aboard and good luck with your search. Another nice thing about these fiberglass trailers is they don't leak like most stick built trailers. Also.....they sell very quickly so.....if you find a good used one....be prepared to act quickly......it will be gone the next day. Good luck.....
jerrybob is offline   Reply With Quote