New Member - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-24-2015, 07:48 PM   #1

Name: Sean
Trailer: In The Market
British Columbia

Hi I am Sean and have just joined this forum. I am in the market for a fibreglass trailer and am leaning towards the Lil Snoozy, but I want to do a propane conversion including hot water, furnace (thinking Propex) and a 2 burner cooktop. Looking at the new GMC Canyon for a TV. Also thinking of the Anderson hitch. Might be overkill but I like the idea of the truck and trailer completely level and with sway control.
Was also looking at 2 6Volt deep cycle AGM Batteries placed on a slide out tray with access from the left hand side of the Snoozy. Would require a cutout to the wall.
Any ideas on this?
Sean Murry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2015, 10:36 PM   #2

Name: Mike
Trailer: 2012 Escape 19
Oklahoma
Sean, welcome. There's a cargo access door on the side, near the front end of the Snoozy. Maybe install a tray inside there? I'm not sure, though, if it's entirely safe to have them inside. I've read that AGM batteries still can vent sometimes; Optima recommends ventilation to outside on theirs.

The rig you're contemplating sounds like a good one. If you have money to burn, send me some and I will buy a rig to match yours!
Mike Magee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2015, 07:53 AM   #3

Name: Charlie
Trailer: 2014 Lil Snoozy
North Carolina
Registry
The LIL Snoozy factory will add a cargo door to the left side if you want. I know of at least one owner who had it added. Richard will do just about any custom work within reason. Just add money.

Sent from my iPad using Fiberglass RV
charlsara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2015, 09:11 AM   #4

British Columbia
lil snoozy

I did hear they would add a cargo door to the left. My idea was to have a sealed battery box in the storage area, with the slide out within the sealed box. The door would have venting to release any gases. I have seen similair ideas on pop up campers. Hallmark RV does this with their campers.
For the hot water tank I was thinking The Precision RV-550 NSP Tankless water heater which takes up about the same space as the standard electric heater that comes with the Lil Snoozy and weighs less. It also vents through the floor for combustion and exhaust, so no need for a cut out for that.

I must say this forum is a very helpful one. I have been viewing it for quite awhile and there are a lot of good ideas shared.
Old 07-25-2015, 09:26 AM   #5

Trailer: Class A Motorhome
That RV-550 looks interesting, but the price is a real killer. I'd wait until there are some time based experience evaluations before I put that kind of money into one.

I think that you are overly concerned about battery venting. Even conventional batteries only require a 3" vent be added to the sidewall. There are also battery boxes with vent tubes attached.

Bob Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2015, 12:22 PM   #6

British Columbia
Thanks for the feedback on the battery. I will do a bit more research into the type of venting required. The idea of the slide out tray was for convenience when needing to service or replace the battery.
I agree the pricing on the hot water heater is expensive, and will continue to research the idea.
Does anyone have experience with the tankless hot water on demand heaters versus the hot water heaters that have storage tanks?
What about any experience with the Propex heaters?
Old 07-25-2015, 02:17 PM   #7

Name: Charlie
Trailer: 2014 Lil Snoozy
North Carolina
Registry
You can get a lot of LIL snoozy info over on the LS Owners site and by searching here. A couple of people have installed the Propex.

Sent from my iPad using Fiberglass RV
charlsara is offline   Reply With Quote