New Member - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-27-2015, 03:57 AM   #1

Name: Bea
Trailer: Scamp
Florida
Registry

Hello - We're new members and have been "lurking" a bit shortly before we bought our 2002 Scamp.
I researched online before making our purchase to ensure we were doing the right thing and the enthusiasm from all of you for this cool little home on wheels was wonderful.

As soon as I found this group on the web - I knew I was in the right place!

I've gained a good deal of great suggestions from other members and want to thank you all.

I'm going to now search for the right forum to post some pics. I apologize ahead of time if I mess up and end up posting in the wrong place

Cheers,
Beak
Beak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2015, 05:38 AM   #2

Name: RV
Trailer: Casita SD17
Florida
Welcome Beak! Congratulations on your new FGRV. I too am from Florida having just purchased my Casita. Maybe we'll meet at a Florida state park campground.

You can create an album within your username here at FGRV. I just created mine with some pictures of our trip home from purchasing "Fun Sized".
Fun Sized is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2015, 04:24 PM   #3

Florida
Registry
Thank you Fun Sized for your warm Welcome.

I'll check the Album out to see if I can upload pics.
(I'm a bit shaky right now and just uploaded a pic to see if it works.)

We decided today that our first trip is going to be somewhere towards Crystal River. We wanted to try a one night trip first to make sure all is well with our camper before we try a longer weekend.

I'm going to check into Rainbow River first.

If you've been there before, I'd love to hear about your experience there. Or if you are headed that way soon, maybe we can meet up.

I'm going to also check the Forum to see what others have said about that location.

Best regards,
Bea
Old 07-28-2015, 09:18 AM   #4
Commercial Member

Name: Tony
Trailer: Dutchman
Massachusetts
Thanks for joining

Tony
1ATony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2015, 04:39 PM   #5

Florida
Registry
Thank you Tony - so glad to be part of the group.
Old 07-28-2015, 06:20 PM   #6

Name: Herman & Ann
Trailer: Casita SD
Pensacola Florida
Welcome Beak. What part of Florida are you in. We have some wonderful State Parks in the Panhandle. Hope to meet you in one of them.
Herman M Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2015, 07:24 PM   #7

Name: RV
Trailer: Casita SD17
Florida
Bea, My wife and I are planning to visit many of the Florida State Park Campgrounds with Fun Sized. We should compare notes and plan to meet at a park in the future. My first real camping trip in Fun Sized will be at Hillsborough River State Park on August 7-9. I will be a little busy that weekend with my visiting children and grandchildren. But on some future trip to the Crystal River area, we should try to meet up. I drove through three State Parks so far to pick my first excursion. Hillsborough River looks like a great park for active kids with a swimming pool, concession stand, nature trails and canoeing. Little Manatee State park is really secluded where you can't see another camper from your site and some equestrian trails. Lake Manatee State Park is more like Hillsborough River St. Park with lake swimming and no concession stand. I'm looking forward to staying in many of Florida State Parks.
Fun Sized is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2015, 04:45 AM   #8

Florida
Registry
Hello Herman - My hubby Scott and I live in Pasco County, so we're approx. 45 min. north of Tampa Airport. We have talked about heading up that way - and will do it possibly next year. I know there is a lot of history up there and would love to see it. Because we are new to Scamping (is there such a word?), we will be taking the Scamp to local campgrounds for now - no more than an hour or two away from home. It would be great to meet up with you when we go up that way Herman.
Old 08-01-2015, 11:52 AM   #9

Florida
Registry
Hi Fun Sized (that name is so cute!). Thanks for telling us about Hillsborough SP - We made reservations today for the same park - but going in September. Very smart of you to "preview" the parks to make sure you find what you like.

With all the rain we've been getting, I'm hoping it will dry out by then. And kiddies will be back in school, so it might be quiet.

Be careful going next weekend - I've heard that river has overflowed in the past, but not sure if in that location... Keeping my fingers crossed for you that all will be well and you can enjoy your family.

Yes, it would be nice to meet up - I'm still researching Crystal River area. We still want to check out Rainbow Springs State Park and are trying for a weekend in October. I'll have a reservation made before end of today...

All this rain is crazy. We are trying to build a tent to go over the camper - but because of the rain it's impossible to make any progress...Florida sun is so harsh, we want to keep her under cover.

Feel sorry for anyone out there camping in a tent right now - makes me feel so good to know that I no longer have to worry about sitting in a soggy tent in the rain - we can now sit in a camper playing dominoes nice and dry off the ground and it can rain all it wants