New Member - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-24-2016, 09:00 AM   #1

Name: Tim
Trailer: Boler
Ontario

I am Tim. Looking forward to everyone's great ideas and advice as I am starting to renovate our 17' Boler.
TimHartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2016, 01:42 PM   #2

Name: Dave
Trailer: 13' 1973 Boler - tow/2017 Colorado Crew-Cab
Ontario
Registry
Hi Tim;
Just noticed your 1st post. Noone seems to have replied yet ? Welcome to the FGRV forum. I'm also in Ontario in the Algonquin Highlands, and have recently acquired a '73 Boler, a 13' model built at the Earleton plant. Have you started your reno yet. Can I be of any help to you ?
bullfrogeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2016, 01:39 PM   #3

Name: Tim
Trailer: Boler
Ontario

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullfrogeh View Post
Hi Tim;
Just noticed your 1st post. Noone seems to have replied yet ? Welcome to the FGRV forum. I'm also in Ontario in the Algonquin Highlands, and have recently acquired a '73 Boler, a 13' model built at the Earleton plant. Have you started your reno yet. Can I be of any help to you ?
Hi Dave, thanks for the welcome. Our Boler was built at the Earleton plant as well. Have had the Boler for awhile and decided to start revovating it, as nothing has been done to it since the last owners. I have totally gutted it out. It was nice to see the fridge, oven/stove work with no issues, but the furnace is the issue now. I was tightening up the Orifice and low and behold it broke on me. I have been looking all over the place for one, but so far no luck. Its a coleman furnace 4312-729 Model. Not even sure if the furnance is really needed.
TimHartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2016, 06:22 PM   #4

Name: Dave
Trailer: 13' 1973 Boler - tow/2017 Colorado Crew-Cab
Ontario
Registry
Sorry Tim; mine wasn't built with either a fridge or a furnace, so, I can't help you with either. Mine is gutted now, and awaiting warmer weather. This fall, I removed the stove and its propane line, and the icebox, as I will likely build a new storage cupboard in that location. This is our ninth RV, and we feel we can do well without propane. We travel a lot; and principally use the RV for sleeping only, with a portable stove for limited cooking purposes. I've already sand blasted and painted the frame (no frame reno needed). We had a new axle installed, and added electric brakes to it at the same time. My current plan is to remove and refurbish the windows, refinish (clean, recaulk, and paint) the interior walls, and consider whether to paint the exterior myself or have it painted locally. I will be re-wiring the entire unit, and will then start rebuilding it back to a usable state. We're late-life 'seniors', and not in much hurry with our current 'Boler hobby', as we've already been fortunare enough to have already comped in most of North America (9 provinces and 49 states). Hope you are enjoying your Boler, as we are.
bullfrogeh is offline   Reply With Quote